StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shut down by IG

• LatinPoler

November 8, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Totally agreed with the feels comment. I personally still dance to commercial music but mute the videos to post. I think the feels still can be noticed, even in silent, even if it is not ideal. I still have to explore non-copyrighted music, what I found so far doesn’t inspire me much. Also, many people don’t play IG videos with sound on, so why risking?

• Neesy118

November 8, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Latinpoler, I am just not feeling the non copyrighted music either, or I just don’t know how to search for what I’m feeling.

On another note, I’m now @neese118.
    I’ll start the building process. My new page is pretty depressing😢

• Veena

Administrator
    November 8, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Allyson, any music you hear on the site or on my social media I’ve purchased. It’s high quality royalty free music you can purchase for business or personal use. Most songs are about 50-60 dollars per song!!! Another site I use charges something like 150 – 200 for a year of access to all of the music on the site, however you need to click a button every time you use a song so they can give credit to the artist.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 8, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I should clarify, these are good songs but not ones anyone would recognize! I’ve heard a few of the pieces I’ve used on TV commercials and food network shows!! lol

• AllysonKendal

November 8, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Very interesting Veena… I feel like instagram doesn’t ask if you own it, and it seems like there is no way to dispute it if they do shut you down. So I was curious how that works. The whole things is making insta less fun. Personally I see a lot of people out there getting followings covering other peoples songs. Singing/guitar whatever… and they don’t get picked up by the copyright police because thats harder to detect. But when its like 30 sec of background music in a studio and they pull your video its extremely frustrating :/

• Rachel Osborne

November 8, 2017 at 6:36 pm

There is a possibility that this is actually a repeat of a big/glitch IG problem that happened in January and again in July this year. It tells you you’ve been locked out for service violation but you have not really. Here’s some news on it:

https://thepreviewapp.com/instagram-deleted-photos-account-disappeared-whats-happening/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/7/6/15929478/instagram-deleted-accounts-why

In some cases accounts have returned by IG (bear in mind there’s probably a backlog) . Several massive yoga accounts had this happen – and they were just photos not videos.

So try contacting IG and don’t give up!

Re music; I now only dance to YouTube remixes and DJ remixes. I like lyrical 90s house music and chilled or epic dubstep, I like chill out instrumental mixes so this works for me. If I want specific music eg creepy Halloween I search non copyright/no copyright /free to use music with that theme and if I want to dance to a specific artist I try to find a live version not an album version. If in doubt I play the video on my phone whilst enabling Shazam on another device to see if the music is picked up.

Finally, as well as posting my fave videos on SV o have a back up IG account with a different email and I post videos there too. I don’t use it to interact with followers, just to stash stuff that won’t fit on my phone. So if I disappear all isn’t lost.

I hope you and Latin Poler get your accounts back.
    I also wish more people would post their videos here.
    It’s lovely to see people on here.
    And Veena I would be so happy if you would share your dances again! I love your dance and all you do is inspirational 💙❤️💙

• LatinPoler

November 8, 2017 at 9:25 pm

In my case I had Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. as my soundtrack, so probably it was not a glitch. I always thought and hoped that the squeaky xStage plus the fan ceiling background noise would confuse the IG music bots, but I guess it did not work. Lesson learned. Sad, maybe stupid, but those are the IG terms.
    I contacted IG several times a day the first days after I was disabled but I did not hear back. Not even an automated “your request has been received” notification.
    My account was closed about one month ago. It was shocking for the first week or so, then I started to get over it. I reposted what I still had and starting following people again. On the bright side, I got rid of old personal posts that I wanted to delete but never find the time. So fresh start. It’s necessary sometimes…

• Papillon

November 8, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Instagram closed your account for copyright infringement???? Some of my posts got blocked due to this but never something as drastic as that! What seems to be working A LOT for me (100% of the time) is posting the video where I’m dancing to music playing live during the video. I mean, if I edit the video and add music, IG will block it. If I play music during my performance, combo of trick it will be totally fine. Good luck with your new account, I hope your experience this time is much better than before!

• Allison Erin

November 8, 2017 at 11:55 pm

I’m super new to all this and have no pole stuff on my IG (yet), but just curious: Is there a reason polers don’t put more videos on Youtube? After searching around for a bit, it looks to me like Youtube doesn’t remove videos with copyrighted music–mostly, they’ll just put ads on it and then pay the copyright holder. And they have a big list you can search that says which songs are allowed that they’ll put ads on, and which will get your videos removed, and in which countries (since it varies). But I really don’t know anything from experience. Just went down a bit of a Google rabbit-hole since this makes me very sad as well!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2017 at 12:19 am

Youtube doesn’t remove (anymore) is was bad and that’s why I stopped posting there and only posted my dances here. Now they can block videos in some countries if you use certain copyright music but yeah, they just put an ad on it now. I stopped posting dance videos there because even though YT doesn’t remove vids anymore, no one seems to watch them. At least that’s what my views and comments indicate. This generation of pole dancers all use IG and want to see clips of tricks, not full expressive dances so I change with the times and only post free advice and tips on my studioveena YT, but no more dances.

• LatinPoler

November 9, 2017 at 12:31 am

I think IG is more about interaction, Youtube is more about sit and watch “passively”. Even if you have a public profile on IG, I think it is still a little more private, quicker, lighter.

• Neesy118

November 9, 2017 at 12:31 am

Papillon, initially, IG would remove per post, if they caught/identified the song. But this time they disabled my account entirely. I had already heard of this happening to others, a lot of yogis, then latinpoler. But honestly, in my stupidity, I just didn’t think it would happen to me. My account was not fancy or fabulous, just really special to me, lol. I struggle a lot, so everything was progress for me. I’m finally learning to flow more and have more tricks up my sleeve so I’ve been feeling the need to want to dance longer. I will just put them here. I have my Halloween run through performance, that I created myself and was really proud of. As for YouTube, I have no idea how to work it, it seems really complicated, lol. Who knows, it could have been a glitch as tropical stated, I just don’t really know. I do have a lot of my posts saved, but to just load them all up, I don’t know how I feel about doing that, sighs, I just feel pretty sad, I’m sure i’ll get over it soon like latinpoler 🙂 Thanks for letting me vent,guys

• Rachel Pintarelli

November 9, 2017 at 2:33 am

I’ve had atleast two pole videos of mine taken down for music copyright issues EXCEPT I purposely used the royalty free music that comes with iMovie editing software on my Mac. I contested both take downs and they immediately put them back up. But it is exhausting that it keeps happening. I’m so sorry to hear your entire account was shut down! I’d be lost so I think I better back my acct up somehow!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2017 at 4:42 am

Rachel I’ve heard of that! So I guess even using royalty free doesn’t mean you can’t trouble 🙁

Neesy, I can understand how sad it would be. You put time into an account, make friends and can look back at progress. I’d be sad too!

Latin, I think YT is more like TV too, my kids all use it like TV. I think we have the best of both worlds here on SV. Easy community and video upload ability!

Side note about IG. I just realized that I may have been screwing myself on my studioveena IG account!!! I had switched it to a business account over a year ago and my interactions and follows really slowed, I didn’t know what I had done to become so irrelevant. lol It wasn’t until yesterday Webby and I realized that it was probably changing from personal to business. When you are a business account IG and FB want you to PAY to be seen. On FB if you don’t pay, your followers will not see, our assumption is IG is the same ……I was just gutted. I felt like I had missed out on reaching so many people just because I said I was a business. I changed it back yesterday to personal, but I don’t know if it will help me reach my followers or new people at this point. I’m guessing I may be slotted as a business in their algorithm. IG was a big way for me to reach new members!

• StrangeFox

November 10, 2017 at 1:53 am

All of this is making me super sad. Veena – I would love to see your dances. The dance portion of pole is my favorite piece but also the piece I struggle with the most. I always admire dancers who can flow moves together and create beautiful art out of all of the pole moves they’ve mastered. I can’t do that (yet). I’m all tricks… but I’m working really hard on my dancing. I never post my freestyles because I feel kind of embarrassed at how terrible I am, but I LOVE watching other people dance.

For me it takes a lot more courage to post a dance than a trick. It’s a lot more personal. That may be another reason pole dancers are more focused on posting tricks. The whole music police thing is certainly not helping, though.

Page 2 of 2