StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shoulder conditioning/rehab

• Shoulder conditioning/rehab

Posted by 33barbwire on November 9, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Good morning, y’all. Last night I gave my best friend her first private pole lesson! She aced it and I’m looking to adjust a few things as we continue.

The shoulder exercises I had in the warmup weren’t challenging for her (couple variations of pole pulls), so I’m going to come up with a few other things. Meanwhile, a PDF I found when googling “shoulder conditioning exercises” has a collection of movements used in rehab, several of which are similar to Veena’s series with the resistance band. 😉

My question: How do I explain the value of a “conditioning” exercise that’s not challenging and doesn’t result in any soreness the next day, if the person expected to be sore? Or does that mean I need to find a more challenging exercise?

My friend has watched her mom go through shoulder injuries, surgery, and therapy that goes with it, and is worried about running into issues like that herself. So I’m doing my best to protect her shoulders and make her feel secure while also helping her build the strength she’s looking for.

Thanks!

33barbwire replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.