StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Short-Waisted Body Types and Rib Injuries?

• luvlee

November 26, 2012 at 11:41 am

I mean really you guys I am 5 ft 6 and very long torso and the Allegra and yogi I hurt like a biotch at first. I have a scar from yogini and the Allegra hurts like my guts may come out every time. I think on those moves this is normal. Pole hurts. Both of those moves get better pain wise when you go ahead and extend them. I have had issues with ribs but one was 4 years ago due to inverting wrong and the other was from a fall I took right after my surgery. The Allegra is bad. I tell you the pain when I started it!! Bad. And still sometimes.

• gbugs77

November 27, 2012 at 12:47 pm

We had a few things to say at our studio last night about this thread. It was funny that it was seen by most because the Allegra is my nemisis!   I've been learning the Allegra and having the hardest time.  All the girls know how short waisted I am and it sucks! Our instructor has shown us an adjustment technique that I simply can't use because of my midlife roll in exactly that "good" spot. 🙁  Once I plant, the pole wont adjust cause it seems to nest in there quite comfortably!  Oh well, we all have our just can't do moments.  Your ribs are more important cause if you bruise, it hurts to pole.  Hope some of the suggestions from others helps you!

Page 2 of 2