StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shoes or no shoes for injury reasons

• Shoes or no shoes for injury reasons

Posted by krystalgem85 on July 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm

I usually workout without shoes on but lately when i do certain things I always end up hurting my toe really bad it is the one next to the big toe everytime on each side! So I have been praticing with shoes on works much better and no toe problems. Does anyone else have this problem?

krystalgem85 replied 15 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • PoleDanceABCs

July 8, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Well most women have a second toe that is longer than their other toes. So that second toe sort of "sticks out" and is more likely to get trauma. How do I know this? Something happened to my second toe on my right foot (don’t even remember what) and the trauma was bad enough that over time my bone started to crumble. It is called "necrosis of the second metatarsal head" and I had to undergo surgery because it used to hurt to walk. Now I can walk without pain but unfortunately the way the bone heals after surgery limits the amount it can move. So if you ever look close enough to my dancing vids you’ll notice I have a nice arch on my left foot but I can’t really point my right foot. I was never going to be a ballerina but it bothers me that I can’t point my right foot all nice and pretty. Maybe it is something only I notice but it bothers me.

So whatever it takes to keep your toes safe, do it.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• SaschaPoles

July 10, 2009 at 2:38 am

hmm, i wish i had some good advice for this honey, i never wear shoes when i dance, but im always banging and bruising and stuff anyways….maybe others will have some good comments for you. poldance made some good points!

• krystalgem85

July 10, 2009 at 4:01 am

yeah I did notice how much longer those toes are so maybe it is going to be a problem but I am so much more comfortable bare foot practice but I think I will just put on some sneakers or something. Damn big toes! lol