StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shoes and how to keep your toes in your shoes?

• Shoes and how to keep your toes in your shoes?

Posted by chemgoddess1 on March 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm

So the reason I usually go with boots over sandals is that my toes ALWAYS squish through the band and then look strange to me.  I typically buy a size smaller so I do not have as much room to move but I still get that funky squishing.  It also does not help that I have very long toes to begin…look great in flip flops but no so much in my stilettos.  So….does anyone have any secrets to keeping your feet where they shold be and not squished and pushing out the top?

Desirae replied 11 years ago 15 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • LoneStarDiva

March 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I have had that issue all my life and didn't even WEAR sandels til a few years back.  okay decades, now…. anyway..

I have a very high instep and wide front sole. My 'cure' for the problem was to not buy shoes that didn't allow for my toes to stay INSIDE.  if they're real pointy at then end.. there's no where else for your toes to go.  Look for a wider tip cause it makes all the difference.

Sometimes just the way it's made (where the upper part connects to sole) can also make a difference.  Just gotta try 'em on, I guess!

It may cost a bit more and be harder to find locally, but  ME.. if I can't get my hands on something that matters, I don't buy online. 🙁  I'll drive 100 miles if I have to!

• lovesmypole

March 24, 2011 at 5:36 pm

My shoes used to do that also but now I get a bigger size and get the gellins and put them in the bottom of your shoes no one can tell they r in but they help keep your feet from slipping and keep your feet from hurting in about 4 hours of having them on look into it  good luck

• aliceBheartless

May 27, 2011 at 9:20 pm

ARGH! this is my biggest problem with shoes… and why I rarely dance in them.  However, I may be creating a pole piece for my next aerial show, and since its aerial burlesque of course I need shoes!

My feet are NOT unique… ie I find it ridiculous that I have such a hard time finding shoes.  I have really high instep and fairly narrow feet, and they're also kinda long?, ie size 8 for length, size 7 for width.  My toes always sneak through the front and the sides of the front, which makes using the shoe difficult for slide downs and impossible for those fun floor clicks!

I feel like I have tried on all the different shoes: Ellies, Pleasers, Jante, Penthouse, Tony, Luscious, Bordello, Vivid, etc. Granted, if its a mary jane style or boots, I am fine, but I dont just want mary janes and boots!  Neither come in chrome, my favorite. Tony shoes provided the best fit width-wise, but they were probably my least favorite shoe otherwise. I only wore them 3x and I'm giving them away, they are such a horrible product for me.  I have been told to buy Ellies to solve this problem, but I just got a new pair to try out, and they are just as bad as any other shoe as far as the fit for me.

I am going to have to try that insole trick, and does anyone have any other suggestions? I need them! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• aliceBheartless

May 27, 2011 at 9:22 pm
  • JeHanne

May 27, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I finally just accepted the 'claw' of toes that curl out and hang over the top… I have actually grown to like it. I paint my toes with pretty sparkly colors so I can rock those toes loud and proud.

I buy my regular size of shoe and do not size down. Initially that used to drive me nuts. When I was less comfortable with it I would get think colorful socks so you would not see toes everywhere. I looked at so many pictures and videos from amateur to pro… those toes hung over time and time again. 

There are closed toe mary jane style shoes. Something closed toe might be comfortable for you and absolutely no toe hang! Let us know if you find something that works well for you.

: )

• LopsiJulie

May 28, 2011 at 4:47 am

Some rapper (P Diddy?) in a commercial says something like "ladies toes hanging over the end of your shoes is nasty. Clearly your shoes are too small, buy a bigger size".

LOL!

I think the issue is more that the heal is so high so my feet slide over!  Oh well!

• JeHanne

May 28, 2011 at 10:10 am

LOL re the commercial! 

• PennyGirl

May 28, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I kinda have the same problem with the plleasers I bought. I went ahead and got a silver and a red pair of pleasers…the band across the toes was so loose and so was the strap but the shoe fit almost perfect…until I moved and then my toes slid off the front of the shoes leaving like an inch in the back empty (not attractive at all) I ended up sending them both back and buying 2 elles…now I'm hoping for a better fit but who the heck knows! I find the plastic upper fits better cuz it's tight as all get out…but I really wanted a colored upper. (boo) I hope it all works out. I don't like seeing my toes flop around inside a shoe or hanging over the front. Is this common for some folks or do we just have weird toes? lmao!

• PennyGirl

May 28, 2011 at 6:03 pm

@lop…Yes I've seen that Pdiddy comercial and yes I was totally self conscious after that hahaha..what did he say? " if the toes falls over the shoe the shoe does not fit and it's unattractive" something like that…funny but dang lol!

• LopsiJulie

May 29, 2011 at 4:24 am

I don't use shoes often enough to really worry about this.  I have one pair of heals and one pair of BRIGHT RED stripper boots.  THey are gorgeous but totally scuffed after ONE practice.  Boo!  🙁

• Layla Duvay

May 30, 2011 at 6:54 pm

You ladies might give Kotonica shoes a try! They have a little ridge built into the sole to keep your feet from sliding forward (not unlike Dr. Scholl's, but not so big). If you live in this part of Canada you can try on a pair at Seductions on Yonge St. in Toronto. If you don't google the name–the styles are pretty hot! I'm wearing a pair in my warm up November Challenge video and they make even sweat pants look smokin' lol!!!

• PennyGirl

May 30, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Like!!

• debarana

May 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I had some custom shoes made while I was in LA at Tony Shoes…. They weren't that much more. You can get a higher vamp (the part around your toes, up to the arch) And you can choose whatever color top and sole. I got pink with a clear spiky stiletto.  Basically designing your own shoe from the parts they use already. They are a dream! I'm sure if you call them they will hook you up. Good luck!

• kennedyxblue

October 26, 2011 at 5:08 pm

So, I know, I know, I'm sort of bringing up a dead topic. However, I used to have a HUGE problem with this and many of the other girls I worked with had the same problem. We had a special show going on and and a visitor came through and we noticed that her toes didn't fall out and she gave us this little tip, which I loved. (It, however, only works on the lucite shoes with the clear plastic straps.)

If anyone has ever had to mold a mouthpiece to their mouth/their childs mouth, this is the same concept. When I would buy new shoes, I would take a blow dryer (on low) and gently warm the plastic until it was pliable (be careful not to warm it too much or it will burn). Then, put your shoes on and get comfortable. The next part I didn't want to do at first because, let's face it, shoes can be expensive, but I used an old pair I didn't care if I messed up until I was sure this would work. Anyway, the next thing is to use cold water to cool the plastic back off and mold your foot to the shoe. I suppose if you didn't want to get your foot wet, you could always use ice packs instead, but by putting cold on so rapidly while it's still warm, it causes the shoe to conform to your foot like a custom shoe would.

The only shoe problem I had after this was if I got too hot, my foot would start to sweat and then it would start to slide… but I just have a problem in general with sweaty feet 🙁 LOL

• jade s

October 27, 2011 at 1:28 am

I’ve found that for my foot the clear plastic straps have worked best. They seem to be tighter and i’ve not had a problem with them stretching out. I had to try a couple of different styles and brands because some of the uppers were too loose on my feet. My left foot is a half size smaller than my rifght foot, but I actually went up a size instead of down. When I first got them I was afraid of them falling off (no back strap), so I slipped a ribbon underneath the heel and would tie it around my ankle. Now I just spray my feet with a little spray grip before putting my shoes on.

Page 1 of 2