StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shakeology

• Shakeology

Posted by Poleluver on March 18, 2010 at 8:09 pm

this is just an FYI for those considering.

O.k. doing the beach body workouts and following some friends doing shakeology. After a hard workout I do a delicious orange shake which is wonderful and I thought- I could do one meal replacement if they are as good as this BUT I first ordered the chocolate ( a lot of people DO like this), but what I didn’t realize is the chocolate is DARK not milk chocolate and no matter how much non fat milk or non fat vanilla yougurt I add it isn’t geat ( but remember this shake has A LOT of nutrients.)
    They have another called green berry which I had ordered to switch it up since I plan to do this for a few months. It isn’t here yet but have heard good things about it.
    I will finish the cholocate dammit!

danzn16 replied 14 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • RoxyPink

March 19, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Thanks for the info! I was debating on ordering some shakeology since I’m on day 25 of P90X (starting some INsanity this weekend too)…but once I saw how much sugar was in it I’ve kinda backed off. I’m not a fan of sugar

• Poleluver

March 19, 2010 at 6:47 pm

were opposit! I’m on day 4 of insanity and plan to do p90x after. Also- I’m into the shakeology thing ( it mentions a patent pending blood sugar control something or other) However the chocolate won’t be a fav and it also gave me smelly gas but I guess that Is what eating a lot of veggies would do and sure the green berry will too. I think you can get a free sample somewhere. I wish I did for the chocolate first!

• RoxyPink

March 19, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Maybe I’ll do alittle more research into it. I’ve heard a ton of great things about it…lol Veggies do that!! hehehe https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• chemgoddess1

March 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Are they serious about that price??

In 3-4 months you could pay off a vitamix for that price and get real food, not processed.

Sorry….I have serious issues with these companies that claim that they have all these "nutrients" when each step of processing kills so much.

• Poleluver

March 20, 2010 at 5:39 am

I’m ashamed to say I’ve already got a lot of fruit and veggies that don’t get eaten on time:(

• FreeTheSun

March 20, 2010 at 7:09 am

I’m ashamed to say I’ve already got a lot of fruit and veggies that don’t get eaten on time:(
    you could always get frozen veggies/fruit cause a lot have as much or more nutritional content then "fresh" due to the amount of time of shipping and sitting and how prior to "tree ripe" (or whatever) they were harvested. It’s comperable price-wise especially if you factor in everything that goes bad because you don’t eat it in time. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

• Angel1201

May 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm

There was just a looong article in O Magazine about the finding of the superfoods that go into Shakeology.  I'm really interested in buying in so that I can incorporate some of these foods into my diet.  I'm not interested in losing weight, signing onto beachbodies, getting the dvds, or replacing a meal (gasp) with a shake.  I'm shocked at the expense of this stuff as well.  Does anyone have any suggestions about other comparable products or ways to get shakeology cheaper than going through beachbody?  It seems so strange to me that these men who travelled the globe, met with healers and shamans, and who promote conservation and a natural diet teamed up with beachbody.  Why didn't they team up with Whole Foods or Gaiam or a similar organization. 

Anyway, any advice from anyone would be great!

• chemgoddess1

May 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Angel, check out Swanson vitamins.  I FINALLY found what supposedly is in shakeology and every single one of those is available as a supplement.  I have issues with companies that never tell you how much of anything is actually in their product.  I also have issues with many of the forms of the minerals they include as most are the cheapest form that is not really bioavailable.  The following link is from an independant company that I believe sent the product for testing.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/shakeology-product-analysis-hyperlink-page

• Angel1201

May 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I was hoping you'd chime in Chemmie!  You know everything!!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

I'll look into Swanson… Thanks for the info.

• monary

May 8, 2011 at 1:12 am

Boyl, I was hoping this thread would be about an awesome new video that would teach us all the different ways to wiggle, shake, and clap the booty. I mean, Shakeology could be a good name for a jiggle it class

• danzn16

May 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I drink shakeology. However I don't use it as a meal replacement though. i use it as a healthy snack. I think it tastes delicious!! It doesn't taste like dark chocolate to me ??? More like milk chocolate, I think it just depends on that person's taste perference. I think it's great.

• Angel1201

May 8, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Danzn, does it make you FEEL better? I have POTS, IBS & chronic fatigue syndrome. I just want more energy & to feel better overall.

• danzn16

May 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I'm very active, take multivitamins, eat healthy, etc. before I started drinking shakeology and didn't feel bad or fatigued so I can't say it made me feel any better. I know that it makes an easy option for a healthy snack and it's an easy way to get enough diary in my diet. I really like the stuff and i'm glad I found it. My only suggestion is to order it off ebay as its expensive and you can find good deals on ebay! And I just use half the scoop because the scoop is HUGE and even half the scoop is very chocolately. That makes your bag last even longer.