StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Scary Pole Dreams

• Scary Pole Dreams

Posted by MrsNaughtywed on May 6, 2011 at 10:55 am

Last night I had a dream that I was pole dancing at the studio and everything was going fine when I looked down at my legs and saw HUGE MASSIVE POLE BURNS! I'm talking skin was ripped off and my legs were all bleeding and red. It was like a horror movie. And then I woke up and my legs hurt. LOL!

Every have any scary pole dreams? 😛

witeroze replied 13 years ago 10 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • MrsNaughtywed

May 6, 2011 at 10:56 am

I mean,  Ever have scary pole dreams? 😛

• Mechie

May 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

LAST NIGHT!!! Last evening I went to my pole class and the instructor won't let me use a crash mat….so I refused to practice invert.  Then last night…in my dream, I climbed up the pole to do an inversion then I FELL! Ah…that's when I woke-up…

I'm looking for a crash mat now…LOL

• Riddleboxxy

May 6, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I once had a dream that I was practicing a CAR from the floor, and for some reason.. when I got my legs locked.. I was SOOOOOO frightened! Even though I was on the floor! Omigosh LOL

• dustbunny

May 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

@Mechie  Your instructor wouldn't LET you use a crash mat!!!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif  OMG hun, you need to stop going to that studio…get a pole at home and use Veena's lessons.  I've been following your other recent posts and I'm getting the feeling that they are just waiting for a liability lawsuit.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cop.gif

• Mechie

May 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

@ dustbunny – Yes, she wouldn't let me use the crash mat b/c there were 7 girls and only 1 crash mat…so, just to be fair https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif  (yeah, so if one sink and hit the hard wood floor…we ALL sink and hit the hard wood floor…https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif)

She was teaching a class of 7 last night and 4 of the girls were NEW (like this is their SECOND pole class) and she was teaching us invert (and did I mentioned they were in 4" heels??? No…I wasn't stupid enough to learn pole in heels…I wore ballet flats). 

I took a total of 10 maybe 11 classes?  I can do pole climb, teddy, fireman, cradle…but my arms and core is no where strong enough to do an invert and a V !!!

I'm AM getting my pole! But it won't be til June 18 (my birthday)…I'm doing a count down now!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• horsecrazy12987

May 6, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Yikes; you learned a teddy after only 10 or 11 classes? And inversions for students who'd only taken one previous class? With no crash mats? Yeah; definitely just get Veena's lessons. They are amazing and have cleared up several moves that I struggled with. (I'm a DIYer since the nearest studio is three hours each way, and Veena's lessons have been invaluable. And they are a great deal.) That studio is seriously just begging to get their asses sued off. I say stay far, far away. There are too many people who don't know what the hell they're doing teaching pole.

• Mechie

May 6, 2011 at 6:31 pm

@ horsecrazy – Actually, I learned the Teddy on my 5th class…I thought Teddy is a beginner move?? I can actually do it pretty well…I can climb on the pole now with no problem now (given my hands are not dripping with sweat!!)  I also learned the invert crucifix like 2 classes ago (9th class??)

With the way my current instructor style of teaching…I really have no idea what level of pole move I'm learning.  I just expect whatever I'm learning now are all basic…but I guess this is not true since I'm TOTALLY not ready for inversion…I can do it,  but I KNOW I'm not doing it right (ie. she taught us to swing our leg to get momentum…)  I can only invert if I swing my leg…if I don't, I won't have enough strength https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_exclaim.gif

I plan on signing up for Veena classes as soon as I get my pole!! (Decided on a 45mm chrome xpole https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif)  I'm doing a count down down til June 18!! (my birthday~~)

• horsecrazy12987

May 6, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Unless it's just a different move by the same name (which is a possibility, since it seems like there are as many pole move names as there are pole studios,) the Teddy is considered an advanced move; Veena has it listed under her advanced section, and I've never seen it placed any lower than at least upper level intermediate.

This is what I'm picturing:

https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4d418b5f-164c-47a1-8758-18020ac37250 

Even basic inverts are intermediate moves because they require good upper body and core strength to execute, so if your studio is teaching them to students who have only had a few classes, that's bad news; someone's going to get hurt. The vast majority of people, unless they have some kind of background in gymnastics or some other kind of athletic sport that relies heavily on strength, will not be able to invert right off the bat.

Oh, and an early congrats on your new pole! Exciting, isn't it? I've pretty much made up my mind to switch over to an X-pole from my Lil' Mynx, so I'm psyched about getting a new one. Now I just have to decide which finish I want.

• Mechie

May 6, 2011 at 7:59 pm

@ horsecrazy – Eh…I haven't sign up for Veena yet (not til I get my pole!!) so I can't see the video =(

Is Teddy when you climb up the pole, hold pole with both hands and spread your legs??  Also, I also learned:

Koala – climb to top of the pole, hold pole with knees only, hold upper body with forearm, left and right am alternating for like 4 times while you slide down slowly

Helicopter – hold pole with both hands, bring knees up and over your head so you're invert V

Again, no idea what level these moves are in….Maybe I'll find out when I sign up Veena's classes in June.

*I'm reeeeally excite about getting my pole!! I can't wait till i can practice from Veena's…I really want to build on my strength!!  June 18…count down…count down….^_^

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

May 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm

@Mechie

Is this what you are describing?

http://www.wikipole.org/    click on pole move directory on the left hand menu, then click the link for the pole move picture directory (near the bottom of the first bit of text) and scroll down until you see what they have listed as Teddy.  (not sure why I couldn't get an actual URL for the picture, I know this is more tedious)

• Serzi

May 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm

There's a journal entry I wrote about ten years ago when I was sixteen years old. During exam week I crashed from about 40 hrs of no sleep and I had a very vivid nightmare about being a stripper. (Mind you, this was way prior to any pole community that I was aware of and as far as I knew at the time pole dancing was only in strip-clubs.)

Although I may someday dig out that journal and post the full entry in my blog, for now I'll just give you the basic jist of what happened. I was on a stage in a club and I was dancing pretty much nude on a pole covered in spikes. I did not have any idea about actual pole moves so in the dream I was just climbing, grinding, sliding and spinning or whatever but everytime I did I would tear huge sheets of my legs and inner thigh skin to ribbons. There were people I knew in the audience who were watching me; my ex-boyfriend, my teachers, classmates, friends, family, etc. Which of course was way more creepy than the fact I was mutilating myself on this pole and bleeding everywhere, but somehow unable to stop.

There's a lot more that happened, something to do with a blue light and little kid wearing my ex-boyfriend's White Zombie t'shirt but I don't remember all the details. Like I said, I'll probably post the rest in a blog at a later date. Either way, I think that my interest in learning to pole probably started somewhat with the desire to overcome the fear and shame I felt in this horrible, stress-induced dream.

~*Serzi

• Mechie

May 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm

@ LolaSlaytor – Thanks for the Wikipole site!! I never knew it exist!! Very helpful ^_^

And the Teddy my instructor showed me is similar but not the same, instead of holding it with your arm pit, she taught us to hold the pole with 2 hands then split our legs.  And I can't seem to find the Goddess and Koala that she taught us.  But anyway…whatever she's teaching us was ok…it hurts, but ok…however learning inversion for after 1st, 2nd or 3rd class WITHOUT crash mat? It's just not safe =(

• chimponaut

May 8, 2011 at 6:43 am

@mechie where do you take lessons? Just out of curiosity as I started my lessons out that way (used to live in Rutland). And just as an FYI if you check out yoga direct on eBay you can get a good deal on a crash mat. I think they were like $250 or BO…and I won mine for $200 and they are located in Hartford, CT so I drove down to get it and saved an additional $50 on the shipping 🙂 And if you’re interested there is a pole jam at D~L in Worcester on May 21st!

• Mechie

May 8, 2011 at 8:14 am

@ chimponaut – I don’t want to post the studio name up here…I’ll send you a msg instead since you are very close to me and for safety reason (any other ladies interested to know…send me a msg)

I saw the ound crash for $200…but I want to get the mirrors first then when Im learning invert (on Veena) then Ill shell out the $ to buy =P (I was going to make my crash mat but consider all the materials cost and time to make it, it will cost me more)

Oh!!! I’m soooo interested in pole jam
    On May 21!! Let me msg you so I can get the details!! ^_^

• chimponaut

May 8, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Yes message me the name as I’m just curious as the place I started at taught me improper technique and after intermediate I was teaching my instructor =\ Also, I’ll fill you in on the details of the pole jam 🙂

Page 1 of 2