StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Same ol moves

• Same ol moves

Posted by Carrington on December 18, 2013 at 9:41 pm

So I’ve been poling for about 6 months now and I must say I’ve seen a lot of improvements I seem to only go to the same moves. I’m happy about my accomplishments but don’t know how to break out of this rut to start learning something new. Any suggestions?

Carrington replied 10 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Palace

December 18, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I would suggest that you select a few moves that you want to learn and do pole goals monthly or bi-monthly. I always include improved fluidity and/or floorwork as a part of my goals. You can look at my blogs to get an example of what I do. I belong to a studio so they keep me learning something new and challenging my strength. Do you belong to a studio?

• Paunobs

December 18, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I find writing down your goals helps move forward.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 19, 2013 at 10:36 am

Have you tried working on the combos/routines in the lessons here? They should you how to link moves and give you ideas for changing up moves you know.

• Carrington

December 19, 2013 at 11:56 am

Thanks for the feedback…I think I will start working on those combos and writing my goals down. I want to work on my inverts but I can only do the basic with letting go of one hand only…but I know if I keep at it Ill get stronger because I thought Id never get the climb and here I am climbing away…lol

• Palace

December 19, 2013 at 11:59 am

Good for you Oakmama. I like that you have the courage (which I lack) to share your videos! Keep it up.

• Carrington

December 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

My videos tickle me so. You have to be able to laugh at yourself..it so fun!