StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Safe to put gym flooring under pole?

• Safe to put gym flooring under pole?

Posted by MaiThai on November 12, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Hi everyone. I’m not sure if anyone else has done this or can possibly recommend an alternative, but I recently purchased a pole and I have it set up in my garage. The floor is really hard since it’s concrete and I was considering getting some of those interlocking gym flooring squares to put in there. What I don’t know is if it would be safe to put the flooring UNDER the pole since it is a removable pole, or if I may have to try and cut a hole in the flooring in which case I don’t know how/if the flooring will stay in place.

chemgoddess1 replied 14 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rena LadyBug

November 13, 2009 at 1:52 am

i would recommend cutting a hole in it. Maybe cut the hole in the flooring and then take the pole somewhat apart and slide it over it, so that way the pole will keep the flooring in place. But I’m paranoid and would be afraid of the flooring slipping and causing my pole to come crashing down.. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Maria Joao

November 13, 2009 at 10:05 am

Hi
    I did exactly the same thing, and I remember thinking about that same question, about the floor. The technitian advised that it would be better if I lay down a wooden floor (those synthetic floor that we put ourselves), and then, if I wanted to, to lay those squares to protect my floor. I didn’t do that. I simply lay the wooden floor and put the pole on it. It was great https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif I now have a garage with a wooden floor, I have a bycicle, Pilates balls, weights, and everything to do with my gimnastics AND I have my pole!!! I take it down whenever I want and the floor is always great! The gym floor only protects from the bycicle

• chemgoddess1

November 13, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I had a piece of left over wall paneling under my pole. In 2 years it has not moved. I also have those interlocking floor mats that I put down with a hole cut in the center of one to go around my pole.