StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rigging for silks that attach to my pole

• spincity

October 2, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hey guys! Just to make you all aware, at Spin City we offer a 1 day Pole Fabric Instructor Training Course for existing Pole Instructors, looking to learn how to use Pole Silks effectively! We currently offer this all of the UK (and the course is Internationally Accredited) and we are hoping to offer this as an online course in 2014. For a few of the concepts we teach on the course, take a look at our conditioning video! http://youtu.be/0MBV_NVAawE This is one of the modules we cover along with over 50 moves, all the common silks grips, health and safety when working on fabric and equipment choice! Shout if you have any questions!

• Laura KittyCat

October 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm

If you are interested in Pole-Aria  classes or training in the Raleigh NC area check out TML Fitness for classes or certifications. I have been doing the silks on the pole since January and I love it!!! We use Xpert poles that are mounted to joists in the ceiling and have had no issues with the silks and poles. Some moves are dangerous and it is easy to get tied up in the silks. Those of you considering this at home should find training or a partner to make sure you don't get stuck in them or do something and injure yourself. 

Happy Poleing!!!

• polesilks

October 13, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Hi all visit polesilks.com for more Information on how our Polesilks unit can be used to attach to your compression or fixed studio dance/fitness poles to transform your pole use for ever. Leesi Ruskaup from L’Ru studios can offer you training whether your a beginner or if you need instructor traing alike for the USA & Canada. Polesilks is the latest piece of equipment that is tested for your safety and can add addition benefits for all uses getting that move on the pole that had always not been possible. For added safety or to start on a new journey bringing your pole and the silks together. “Don’t Dream… Just Do It… http://www.polesilk.com

• Kobajo84

October 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Out of curiosity, do any of these companies here offer a demo for studios?  I have been toying around with this concept for my studio but I'd like to demo a setup first prior to making a purchase.  If any of you do this, can you email me at info@poleharmony.com? Thanks!

• LRu Studios

October 14, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I would love to give you a demo or let you watch my videos. I will email you tomorrow. Smiles,
    Leesi

• JBStarryEyedGirl

October 30, 2013 at 12:51 am

Well it took me about a year since I first looked into it, but I finally ordered the pole aria attachment and gave it a whirl at my new pole studio.

http://youtu.be/mVKuFjDqjN4

• Legs4Days

June 2, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Is FabPole the same as PoleSilks?

Also, I wonder how it would work on a stage pole that has a one-piece pole instead of a multi-piece?

• Legs4Days

June 2, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I know one of the concerns with the stage pole was the fact that the pole could come apart at the connections.

• LRu Studios

June 3, 2014 at 8:17 pm

FabPole is the art of aerial fabric combined with pole dancing. FabPole is not the attachment. I use the Nexus Wrap with sling system to perform. FabPole is not PoleSilks. I have used all the attachments on they market and they are all good. I also perform on stage poles and do not perform certain moves on a stage pole because of the physics and possible added danger. Because pole and aerial fabric is still dangerous! Sorry if I was not very helpful. You can see FabPole on our facebook page and http://www.fabpole dot net.

• Legs4Days

June 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Thanks! Very helpful!

• vkissme

October 10, 2016 at 1:01 am

what yards do i need for 9 ft pole

• MdawWat

October 10, 2016 at 1:14 am

I used the guidelines that Pole and Aerial gives for their Pole Flight Pro product. Definitely agree with their advice on going slightly longer rather than shorter.

• vkissme

October 10, 2016 at 9:20 am

Guys I just bought the xpole silks hardware. Now that it arrived in see its recommended only for permanent mounted poles!!! My xpole is tension based.

• SweetLavender

October 10, 2016 at 1:56 pm

I use my Fab Pole Nexus wrap on my x-pole and it works just fine and is secure. It has never fallen down. My little Minx pole with the Pole Aria has fallen and put a hole in my ceiling, but I believe it is because it wasn’t tightened enough at the time. I think that most manufactures say that you should only use on permanent poles for liability issues…

• SweetLavender

October 10, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Your silks should be at least 2 feet longer than your pole to allow for knotting and wrapping.

Page 4 of 5