StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rhinestone shoes VS Hardwood floors

• Rhinestone shoes VS Hardwood floors

Posted by Cherished on November 15, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone have any ideas for preventing rhinestones on shoes from scratching hardwood during floor work?

Veena replied 9 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Phoenix Hunter

November 15, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I just dont see a way around it unfortunately. I definitely would not wear rhinestone shoes for floor work. besides ruining the floor it will tear the rhinestones off your shoes. 🙁 Especially if the rhinestones are on the platform part of your shoe. the only way I think rhinestone shoes and floor work would work out is if the rhinestones were only on the heel of the shoe. Like on the back of the heel and stilleto and on the platform surface that faces inside where it never touches the ground.

• Cherished

November 16, 2014 at 1:52 am

Thanks for the response Phoenix.
    I say this with a broken heart – Damn hardwood! lol

• Phoenix Hunter

November 16, 2014 at 2:22 am

maybe someone else will have an idea. I just dont know what though. if it’s your pole at home maybe you could get a large piece of linoleum flooring . maybe a 6ft by 6ft sheet and put it at the base of your pole. but that is alot of trouble to go through for a pair of shoes. albeit they are probably gorgeous shoes. but even the linoleum will tear the rhinestones off the shoes if the stones are on the platform of the shoe.

• AllysonKendal

November 16, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I think its possible to put some type of clear tape over the rhinestones. They do it for bridal shoes so people don’t snag their wedding dress on their shoes…

I’d try to find out more information on that.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hmmm I would say tape sounds like a good option. I don’t have any ideas myself. Let us know if the tape works!