StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Reverse Crucifix at Last!!

• Reverse Crucifix at Last!!

Posted by PoleSkivvies on March 31, 2009 at 3:14 am

Dennis came home early unexpectedly and spotted me until I felt secure inverting from a standing position. I can now do the Basic Invert Release and the Reverse Crucifix!!! Wa-hoo!

It’s weird how disoriented I am when I am upside-down, higher up on the pole. I can’t tell which way I’m facing, even though I feel secure in the hold. Still need to work on my right wrist, which doesn’t want to point straight out, and my descent which is … ungainly.

Yay!

Veena replied 15 years, 4 months ago 9 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • glitterhips

March 31, 2009 at 3:27 am

Great job! A nice way to dismount is to walk your hands to the floor and get the pole between your thighs and just slide your legs down together…Neke does it in a few of her vids. Congrats again, new moves are so exciting!

• PoleSkivvies

March 31, 2009 at 3:31 am

I try that, but kind of go clunk. Alena’s been teaching me to use my left hand to ease myself coming down – apparently my short-waisted torso doesn’t give me as much room to curl around the pole easily as it might, so this has helped. But I’m still working on it.

I know you’re on a break from pole, Glitter, but I want you to know how much I love your pole dancing and look forward to the day I can do all the moves that you do and transition between them so beautifully!

• Neke

March 31, 2009 at 11:26 am

Congrats on the new move!

My videos are all set to private glitter, but I will happily share with anybody on here who wants to see me jumping around like a lunatic (I actually have videos where all I do is jump around like a lunatic… The other night my boss put on the nutbush and the macarena to get rid of all the guys and my friend made me do the dances to them on stage with her. The nutbush is hard in heels…)

Sliding down with your legs together hurts at first – I used to bend one knee backwards as I slid down instead of having both legs straight, that’s easier I think.

• RoxyPink

March 31, 2009 at 12:26 pm
  • pole-twista

March 31, 2009 at 2:02 pm

great job!! always exciting to get new move what do you mean your vids are private? you can set a private setting on the forum vids so only invited friends can see? was wondering cause have a few would like to post , but not for just everyone ( some are a little "sexier" than others and while i donnt mind people i have communicated with or that post ect seeing, dont want 1 of the 1000+ members who i dont know at all to view as well ) again great job!!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• PoleSkivvies

March 31, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Good tips, everyone. Have you had success setting videos to private, then? I tried that on Youtube and no one was able to get in. I finally couldn’t deal with all my friends emailing and saying they weren’t able to see it and just made it public.

• Trena

April 1, 2009 at 12:43 am

pole-twista Neke means she has her videos on private on youtube. I dont know if the site vids can be set to private. May I suggest that if you do have videos that you dont want just anyone here to view that you post them on youtube and have them on private and send them to the people you’d like to see them. But you know nobody here is gonna judge you for posting sexy videos. We’d all love to see them! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Trena

April 1, 2009 at 12:45 am

Tsk tsk where are my manners! Skivvies Well done!! Woop woop!! These are hard ones at first but after a while you’ll do them without even having to think twice! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• PoleSkivvies

April 1, 2009 at 3:13 am

It is fun being able to do even beginning inverts!

I still don’t know how you got private videos on Youtube. That never worked when I tried it. Wonder what I did wrong.

• Neke

April 1, 2009 at 6:01 am

In response to the questions about private settings on youtube, you can’t make it so just your friends can see. You have to set it to private instead of public and then specify each individual person you want to allow access to (they have to be in your friends list)

I’m not going to encourage people to do that instead of posting on Veena’s site though! I think most people on here would look past the sexiness or whatever and just appreciate the pole dancing. Having said that, I’m not comfortable at the idea that people might judge me for working in a club so I haven’t posted any on here yet – all the girls I’ve met are wonderful, but there are a lot of people here who I don’t know. I don’t send my vids to many people either – less than 10. If I wanted to show lots of friends I wouldn’t bother setting it to private.

Congrats again on the move skivvies! Be sure to take some pics https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Fleur

April 1, 2009 at 6:45 am

Neke! Add me on youtube! I’m fleurthefrenchcat. I also port all my "sexy" vids on private on youtube but I figure people who have signed on Veena’s site are pretty serious about pole dancing and will respect my videos…I hope!

• Poledancefan

April 3, 2009 at 2:39 am

Wait, I’m confused…what is the reverse crucifix?

I am thinking the regular inverted crucifix is done fromthe basic tip back invert (simple invert), with the ankles hooking the pole.The dancer then lets go when comfortable and stretches the arms out. The dancer has the back to the pole and is looking outwards.

Is the reverse crucifix FACING the pole? Or am I totally mixed up? (!)

Joel

• Veena

Administrator
    April 3, 2009 at 3:28 am

Joel, shes just talking about an inverted crucifix…facing the pole https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif