StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Removing shoes

• Removing shoes

Posted by MrsSass on September 12, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Is there a sexy way to remove ones heals during a class performance.. Or is that just a no no?? The last part of my routine requires an invert and I feel more comfortable doing it barefoot…(I’m still a begginer with poling and being comfortable in shoes.. Also only recently began inverting).. I want to do the performance mostly in heals becuase it’s a sexy routine and I feel sexier wearing them… What do you all think?

vkissme replied 8 years, 8 months ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • I polekat I

September 13, 2015 at 9:37 am

Is there any way you could use slip on shoes, with no fixed strap around the heel/ankle? If like me you are not very comfortable in heels which slip off u could then maybe use ribbon to hold them onto your foot, and then untie the ribbon and slip them off when u want to invert – It would be quicker and easier to pull a knot loose in a ribbon than undo a strap, you could probably do it with one hand and incorporate it into some nice floor work =]

• MrsSass

September 13, 2015 at 9:53 am

That’s a great idea, alas I only have the one pair of pole shoes at this time and they have a strap… So it would probably be awkward removing shoes with an actual strap HUH? No sexy way to do that…

• Phoenix Hunter

September 13, 2015 at 6:20 pm

If I was watching a performance, I would rather see a sexy performance with heels and No invert- rather than see someone take off their shoes to invert.unless you could incorporate it into a strip tease the way polekat described. and it also depends on what you are gonna do after you invert. do you have tricks or combos you’ve planned to do? if its just for a quick invert and then coming down the pole, I would just ditch the invert. thats just my opinion if I was to be watching a performance.

• chemgoddess1

September 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm

A really good rule of thumb is not to put anything into your routine that you have not mastered. Nerves and sweat ass a whole dimension to a performance and if an invert is not something you can do without having to concentrate on it then just leave it out right now. You will be less upset with a sexy performance than you will with possibly screwing something up. (I have been there and have watched it happen to so many people to so many people over the years)

• AllysonKendal

September 13, 2015 at 8:39 pm

I think I actually needed to hear that advice Chem right now. Thanks.

• poleisnewtome

September 13, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I agree with chemgoddess1! Take out the invert.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 14, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Yep, when in doubt, take it out! As a judge or spectator, I dislike feeling as though the dancer may fall or is dancing outside of their abilities! I don’t care how advanced your tricks are I want to be entertained, tell me a story or show me your soul 💜

• vkissme

September 15, 2015 at 1:03 am

Why is it harder to invert with heels. I have this same problem

• iani

September 15, 2015 at 8:34 am

It’s harder because you are wearing something that restricts your movements and makes your brain fully aware of the fact you cannot jump down if all else should fail (tbh I doubt jumping out of a failed invert is ever an answer, but your brain is very gullible).
    Mostly, though, you are putting sth fairly heavy at the end of a pretty long lever, and asking your abs to just perform the same, when conditions are definitely different. Physics can be a bitch.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 18, 2015 at 1:59 pm

You’ll find that wearing heels doesn’t allow you to push off as forcefully as you would with flat feet. To work up to inverting with heels, practice inverting from the ball of the foot, so from tippy toes. Don’t let the heel drop down to the floor as you lift up into invert. Once this becomes more natural try heels again 😊

• vkissme

September 18, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Thanks @Veena