StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Recording skype lessons

• Recording skype lessons

Posted by joni1 on September 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Hi, I'm planning on taking private polesilk online skype lessons. Don't know much about using skype but was wondering if there is a way to record my skype lesson so I can replay and watch what she is teaching me. Thanks so much in advance.

Koidragon replied 10 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • hookedonpole

September 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I honestly don't remember if skype can be recorded at same time.  I don't know what quality your cam is;  one time I tried recording a practice with my laptop webcam and it came out horrible qualilty.  So now when I skpe, I use my digital camera on a tripod to record and attempts/practices.  Do you have a digital camera you can use to record it?

• CapFeb

September 2, 2013 at 1:28 am

You can use screen capturing software like fraps or bandicam. But they both cost money and take up some space.

• Koidragon

September 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Was it you who asked this before yes? Skype itself won't let you record, you will need to download other software. There are a few out there, manycam being one and the ones Capfeb suggested. 

Or, ask the place you are getting the lessons from – they may be recording them for their purposes anyway.