StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions R-Pole whats your thoughts?

• R-Pole whats your thoughts?

Posted by amberpoledancer on April 10, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Hi I’m just wondering if any of you guys have used an R pole before and how you found it? I’m from the U.K and I think these poles are manufactured here but can be shipped to the USA. Basically they seem to be really cool portable lightweight but sturdy pole stages, brilliant for gyms, bars and outside. (Iv seen pics of it IN THE OCEAN in Jamacia! How cool is that) I watched a vid on how it works and it just seems to be a large weighted disk which is almost flat on the ground which you then place the once piece pole into. Seems sooooo easy and no hassle. Only thing that’s putting me off is the poles are all 38mm. Iv been trained on and now teach students on the standard 50mm. I once tryed a 45mm and found I could barely hold an inverted cruxifix because my legs wouldn’t grip properly so I’m concerned the 38mm would be no good…but I don’t know. Another thing that worries me is the wobble factor. In the vid there seemed to be a lot of wobble to the pole, I don’t know if its because its a stage or because the pole is so skinny. It also seems a bit pricey at 699.00 pounds for one stage. But I may be willing to overlook these things if its a really good pole! Anyways I welcome all your views on it xx

Skyieee replied 9 years, 5 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

April 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Price is ridiculous for anyone in the US when you look at the exchange rate. I don’t know anyone who is willing to pay over $1200 for a pole, not including shipping, when we have Star Stand Alone available for about $500 and the X Stage for $800.

That said, I think part of the other issue people had with this when it came out was that ONLY the pads were available to go around the base. I see that they are supposed to have hard bases available in May of this year.

• amberpoledancer

April 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Yeh chemgoddess that does seem like a crazy price to pay! For me even 699.00 pounds is a tad out my price range, I can. Get quality pole stages from other companies for roughly 450.00.! Just wanted to see what all the fuss was about x

• Mary Ellyn

April 10, 2010 at 11:44 pm

one of the videos I saw of it in use it was pretty unstable…and I’d never consider this pole unless they had a version without the crash mat being mandatory.

They did at one time have the option for various sized poles – did that change?

• amberpoledancer

April 12, 2010 at 3:38 pm

no all i could see was the 38mm version which im not very keen on https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• onepinkprincess

April 13, 2010 at 8:41 am

There are a variety of poles at the studio I go to and I quite like the R-pole. They have 38mm or 50mm versions the 50mm is new so have a chat to them. They can also come with a spin mode but I’ve not tried that. They are easy to set up and I haven’t had any problems with them. The base is quite heavy once put together as is the pole itself so it’s tough to move it once it’s set up so definately set it up where you will be using it. They do move but so do other free standing poles I’ve used there haven’t been any moves I’ve been unable to do. You may be able to borrow a pole to try out from the manufacturer if you are UK based as I think that’s what the lady who runs our studio did. I must admit I do prefer a pole which is secured on the ceiling but the studio I’m at got them as there were issues with a venue so they moved and the new venue wouldn’t let them have poles which fit to the ceiling. Beginners through to advanced use these poles without a problem and the mat inspires confidence in beginners.

Hope this helps

Cxxx

• EVamp83

April 13, 2010 at 9:09 am

There is a more recent video than the one in the ocean/on the beach.

In this vid, the rpole is used in a studio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qai0XvO_BPQ

• louise_vaa

April 13, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I use these poles in my classes, infact the r-pole video that has been linked is the studio I go to and thats my instructor! I really loven these poles, you soon get used to them flexing slightly as you climb them and you can really swing round them and invert with no problems. They’re ideal for this studio because they couldn’t put normal poles in because of the suspended ceiling. If they weren’t so expensive I’d get one as it would be great to put it in the garden in the summer!

I’ve got a 45mm expert at home and dont find it a problem switching between the two. My grip is a lot better on the 38mm but some people find some of the tricks more painful as theres less surface area to spread the pressure. x

• NickiLee88

April 14, 2010 at 7:21 am

I was thinking about getting the R=pole as I have an x-stage but it’s a pain to transport at times. Since the R-pole’s only about 40 kg, it would be a lot lighter. I am put off by the fact it’s only 2.4 m though. I don’t really think that’s enough height. The X-stage is 2.7 m and that’s workable (Mind you, I am very tall though so other people may not have that issue – and I’m fussy. I think I look like an idiot trying to do a nice routine on a short pole). I’m interested in knowing whether there’s anyone out there who’s a bit heavier and taller who’s tried the R pole? I know it says that it’s stable for weights of up to 100 kg but spinning mode tends to increased instability in non-fixed poles in my experience. I’m always hesitant about letting men use my x-stage on spinning without extra weights because I know it gets unstable even with just me on it.

Sorry I haven’t really helped with your question at all Amber, just asked more of my own!

• Solya

April 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm

It says in the sidebar of one of the vids that there’s a 50mm version and they do a 2,4m high one as well. That said I’d get the X-stage instead of the R-pole. I’ve been learning on X-stages since I started and they feel really safe and they’re a lot taller as well. I think the R-pole is way too short. If someone tall inverts on the X-stage they reach the top of the pole with their feet and the R-pole is even shorter!

It also seems to wobble really bad. If you ever plan to teach on it beginners would probably feel very insecure. In one of the vids the base seems to move when the girl swings into a spin as well. I know I’d feel awful on a 38mm wobbly pole but that’s just me https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif X-stages are a pain in the arse to assemble but they’re very stable and cheaper too.

• Skyieee

February 1, 2015 at 2:27 am

Five years has passed, any new experiences with R-Pole? Specifically R-Pole Strada, that is only 29kg. I goes during the years they’ve taken out the spinning option, as they’re now only static. Price seems to be 545 on sale, 599 pounds regularly.
    I have an x-stage, but I’m quite irritated with it, being so heavy and feeling like a puzzle that always seems to have something stuck either setting or taking down…