StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Quiting Pole due to Pole Drama!!

• Nats01

August 26, 2013 at 3:01 am

I agree with AngelVonSpin. At the end of the day it is about your growth in Pole and you have to think about yourself and only yourself. Don't let other insecure people intimidate you. They will fall hard. The wheel always turns. You are a paying customer trying to achieve as much experience and skills to empower your abilities and no one can keep that away from you. I would say good riddins' you don't have to deal with that studio again. They don't deserve you!

• Charley

August 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Ownership of humans seems to be a common thing in the arts.  I find it terribly unprofessional that these feelings were even shared with you.  It can certainly make you feel a little quezy when your students begin to venture out, there is a bond you make and a friendship.  When you've been the person who has watched a particular student grow up, it can feel "empty nest" ish when they move one.  But that's the instructors problem.  

We can't be everything to everyone.  I've taken a step back from commercial studio instructing over the last year and it  has been AMAZING!  I no longer feel the pressure to keep up class #'s and feel so much freer when talking about the pole businesses in my area and recommend them all the time.  

As I took this year off from studio teaching I began finding myself taking classes and working on getting things on both sides, taking workshops and really participating beyond just my few students and online.  It's been great.  Everyone is different, they teach different things, the classes focus on different skills and I think I feel more complete having the freedom to work with lots of people. 

Ultimately this kind of behavior can lead to you the client feeling like a golden goose instead of an individual.  I'd probably take some time off from that studio and continue training in other supportive environments.

• adAstra

August 27, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It sounds like you need a break from that drama, at the very least! Definitely try the lessons here, they are very reasonable especially considering you can do what you want at your own pace. Where there are people, there is drama–but this level of drama and unprofessionalism is inexcusable. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. You did all the right things including talking to the owner so it's definitely not on you. I hope you can find a good solution 😀

• TatianaSD

August 30, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Once again..I want to thanks everyone that advised me on what to do, but I guess Karma was listening and took over the situation…I just found out yesterday that the studio closed down…I'm guessing I wasn't the only student that had this issue with them….I was told that classes where being canceled because no one was showing up.  Hopefully they learn from their mistake and if they do reopen they won't push their students away. I am happy that in 2 days I start my classes online with Studio Veena!! 

• HellOnHeelsNH

August 31, 2013 at 8:24 pm

If you Love doing this don’t let anyone take that from you

• Maria-Elena Kadala

September 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Wow … here we often share the information when other studios are offering workshops!  No studio can't afford to bring in ALL the big names (except those studios where a lot of big names reside!).

I suppose it could be an issue if there's been something untoward between two studios, but I haven't had the experience of an owner getting their knickers in a twist because a student went to a special workshop elsewhere.  I know that instructors — even the owner — has gone elsewhere for workshops!

Page 3 of 3