StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Question about spinning mode

• Question about spinning mode

Posted by SadiraSimone on December 19, 2009 at 3:25 am

Someone please help me put my fiance’s mind at ease!

He’s helped me put up my pole and I’v been doing simple basics in both static and spin mode (on an X-pole) for days and he’s convinced that the top portion — the adjuster that screws upward toward the ceiling — isn’t supposed to spin with the pole in spin mode.
    But I’ve told him that I’m pretty sure that the pole isn’t just going to fall down if I spin on it – its designed to spin after-all! I know that I will have to tighten it periodically, but it won’t just unscrew randomly with one spin and fall over. I’ve even spun it by hand and pulled on the pole and it remained steady.

Please tell me I’m right and that I won’t just bust my ass one day! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif
    Thanks!

SadiraSimone replied 14 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mary Ellyn

December 19, 2009 at 4:47 pm

The adjuster rod (large screw) DOES spin with the pole in spin mode. If you took your pole down you would see that there is a ball bearing assembly that allows the collar inside the dome (which is what the adjuster rod sets into) to rotate.

It should NOT turn when in static mode.

You should however, be checking your pole for stability and re-tightening it as necessary after every 4 hours of dancing and each day that you come back to use it.

• SadiraSimone

December 20, 2009 at 12:02 am

Thank you! That is exactly what I thought!