StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Question about placement

• Question about placement

Posted by luckylindyhopper on September 13, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I really want to get a pole for my home here in the next few months. I’m in the process of surveying my home, trying to find a good location to put one. Because of all the furniture we have plus ceiling fans in every room, finding a good place for one is proving challenging. I was wondering how much room you ladies suggest dedicating towards a pole space?

nymphdancer replied 13 years, 8 months ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Danielle Tillie

September 13, 2010 at 11:27 pm

It’s a good idea to have at least 3 – 4 feet of space in each direction from the pole. I have to move furniture around every time I pole. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• amy

September 14, 2010 at 2:41 am

i would say 7 feet clear around is ideal. arm+body= loooong when you’re doing big spins.

• hookedonpole

September 14, 2010 at 3:35 am

Just make sure you have enough room all the way around the pole to do whatever. I have a small section of room to open up with spin practice or handstand dismount practice cuz of furniture in the way on other side. My hubby helped me move things around to open up more space and we are still going to move stuff out to have room all the way around. Fortunately, my pole is in our hobby room so don’t need actual furniture in there.

• polebunny

September 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm

i would say more like six or seven feet like amy said…. for the ceiling fan u can actually place the pole near to one if u have to just make sure u turn it off when u practice this is what i had to do.

• chemgoddess1

September 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I agree with Amy. I will go one more and say put on a pair of heels and raise your arm; whatever that height is should be the circumference around your pole that is clear.

• luckylindyhopper

September 14, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Thanks so much for the input. I think any place I put it will require a little rearranging furniture wise. It’s good to know what I’m looking at, though. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• litlbit

September 14, 2010 at 3:03 pm

That’s AWESOME if you have the space….however I don’t, but that doesn’t stop me from working on moves/tricks/inverts etc. I may not be able to do big spins, but at least I can do something! LOL I have had my pole with me on trips staying in hotels where I had maybe 2 feet from the bed and dresser/desk, I still practiced moves and even a few spins kicking my legs above the bed ha ha.

• luckylindyhopper

September 14, 2010 at 3:09 pm

JThat’s AWESOME if you have the space….however I don’t, but that doesn’t stop me from working on moves/tricks/inverts etc. I may not be able to do big spins, but at least I can do something! LOL I have had my pole with me on trips staying in hotels where I had maybe 2 feet from the bed and dresser/desk, I still practiced moves and even a few spins kicking my legs above the bed ha ha.

That’s what I call dedication.

• nymphdancer

September 14, 2010 at 7:58 pm

i have about 3-4 feet around my pole on all sides but 1 the last one there is about 6. When I move the pole area in a few weeks then I will have more space. But there are lots of things you can do with less space you just need to stay closer to the pole.