StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pre-pole Workout?

• Pre-pole Workout?

Posted by cardboardboxesoflove on March 7, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I am buying a pole soon and could not be more excited! I was curious if I should be working out harder in the mean time. I am not in the best shape ever. (Could lose 10 to 15 pounds or so) and have very little strength. Any advice on how fit I need to get before my pole and what kind of workouts would help?
    Thanks!

Runemist34 replied 11 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Runemist34

March 8, 2013 at 12:23 am

You could totally do a little working out before your pole arrives! I love to be active (something I'm only just learning), and I do a lot of different workout types, even though I do have my pole.

If you have Veena's lessons, or plan on getting them. her 30 day kickstart is great for even before you get your pole. She's got a lot of other strength routines, too, so you could work on those in the meantime.

I would say… try to disregard what the scale has to say about your weight. I've heard it time and again (and experienced it) that we tend to put on a little muscle before we start losing the fat, and people start getting scared because they start gaining weight, and they're working out! So, I prefer to go with my size, and how I feel- am I strong, flexible, happy? I like to feel like I am all of those things, so that's my gague as to my fitness!

And, don't rush your pole progress! Have fun with it, and challenge yourself in little bits! It's supposed to be FUN!

You can always pick up some exercise bands, too. They're awesome! I've had the things lying around my house for a couple of YEARS, and only recently discovered their incredible potential!

Welcome to the world of Pole, and I really hope that you have fun, and feel awesome doing it 🙂