StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Postal charges when ordering from USA sites

• Might Grip

April 14, 2013 at 1:54 pm

We, at Mighty Grip, are well aware of the problems with shipping outside the U.S. For instance a container of Mighty Grip would cost $3.00 to ship to Canada before the price increase. That same parcel now costs $6.55 and instead of arriving in 7-10 days can now take 2-3 weeks.

We are now speaking with UPS and FedEx to see if we can get some contracts to lower the overall price of shipping outside the U.S. This still will not make a big difference in shipping small orders such as a pair of gloves or some Mighty Grip or combination. But if you can combine orders with friends or studios I am pretty sure with a decent contract from UPS we can cut shipping costs in half. Please watch this space for further developments on shipping prices. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Joel B. 

• Might Grip

April 14, 2013 at 1:54 pm

We, at Mighty Grip, are well aware of the problems with shipping outside the U.S. For instance a container of Mighty Grip would cost $3.00 to ship to Canada before the price increase. That same parcel now costs $6.55 and instead of arriving in 7-10 days can now take 2-3 weeks.

We are now speaking with UPS and FedEx to see if we can get some contracts to lower the overall price of shipping outside the U.S. This still will not make a big difference in shipping small orders such as a pair of gloves or some Mighty Grip or combination. But if you can combine orders with friends or studios I am pretty sure with a decent contract from UPS we can cut shipping costs in half. Please watch this space for further developments on shipping prices. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Joel B. 

• minicoopergrl

April 14, 2013 at 8:28 pm

My mom is a USPS carrier, ive heard the whole losing Saturday hours for at least 15+ years, they are finally doing it.  I have to say they keep digging deeper in the hole from all the benefits they offer their employees.  My mom is planning on moving to MT in a few months, shes not stressed about getting a job right away.  Only because shes got over 3 mos of personal leave stocked away!  They dont do much of 'use it or lose it' around there.  My moms route has been cut multiple times which has resulted in a pay cut to get new carriers in.  But with them cutting Sat hours, they are saving a ton of money.  The USPS are so far in the hole, that they had to borrow from against the Fed. Reserve to pay some carriers their salaries.  

Since 9/11 the blue boxes have been getting cut, especially after the Anthrax threats years ago.  The clothing line is mostly for the carriers – depending on your route depends if you are required to wear a uniform.  My mom is not but has plenty of USPS gear in her house!  

• aliceBheartless

April 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

It's true. USPS has almost no money. And it is still with the doubling one of the cheapest ways to ship. I used to work jobs where I was evaluating building materials in their facilities. They don't even maintain them because they can't afford to. Interestingly enough, in some remote areas, USPS delivers Fedex and UPS packages. It's a huge, far reaching system that is still affordable. But its kind of falling apart. I am not in any way surprised that rates are going up. 

• Hazi411

April 16, 2013 at 12:02 am

Just had a reply from the website I wanted to order from (I sent them an email querying the postal charges) and they said pretty much there was nothing they could do and apologising they couldnt help at this time. I think they are members on this site but I don’t want to “name and shame” as I am pretty sure I’ve seen posts on here saying how helpful they are with sizing etc.

Page 2 of 2