StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Poleling During Lighting

• Poleling During Lighting

Posted by MrsNaughtywed on June 5, 2011 at 8:48 am

LOL! The other day at the studio, a severe TStorm came ripping through our area and someone wondered if our poles were grounded. LOL. GOOD QUESTION!!! Hahahahah! The good news is that our floors are rubber so that has to add to some safety.

What if you are poleling at home? I wonder if our poles are safe to be on during a severe lightning storm? lol

horsecrazy12987 replied 12 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • horsecrazy12987

June 5, 2011 at 11:06 am

Haha–that's actually a good question! It's been raining a lot here lately, which is unusual for us, so I might have to make that decision. I'm pretty sure I would just fling myself off the pole mid swing and sprint like hell to my bedroom where I could just sit on my bed and not worry about any metal touching me. When I was little, I actually used to hide under the coffee table in my parents' living room during lightning storms and read a book–I thought they were cool-looking, but was always afraid the lighting would come through the window and get me or something.

• tarah

June 6, 2011 at 2:30 am

wow, i have never heard of rubber floors!  how awesome.  i would stay off the pole (at home) during lightning, though…..  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif

• AliciaPolerina

June 6, 2011 at 6:40 am

Ive always wondered about this also!!!! I would say for safetys sake to not pole durring severe storms, you just never know!!

• nymphdancer

June 6, 2011 at 6:47 am

I was poling once during a pretty fierce thunderstorm, it was awesom had all but one light off and just was channeling the storm and some stormy music was upside down in invert and all of a sudden the world went dark. my first thought was did I fall and hit my head? nope pole is still between my legs….darn power went off https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif

• horsecrazy12987

June 6, 2011 at 7:42 am

That would be kind of freaky to have the power go off mid poling session. I would think it would be disorienting to have it all of a sudden be pitch black when upside down. I would probably get confused and let go with a hand or a leg–something that was supposed to be left on the pole, and fall on my head.