StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole stability

• Pole stability

Posted by stargazermomma3665 on July 8, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I have an X-Pole Sport and I am wondering if anyone has any tricks to stabilize it better? My husband built a frame on a piece of plywood to mount to the ceiling but it isn’t installed yet, hopefully that helps. Any tips anyone has I would appreciate.

stargazermomma3665 replied 8 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

July 8, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I’m confused about why its not stable… I used to have an X-pole sport and you just need to pressure mount it over a beam like in the instructions. You shouldn’t need to build anything. It’s really stable because you don’t have to worry as much about over-tightening since it doesn’t need to spin.

• mystical

July 8, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I am also a little confused about why its not stable.. Do you have slanted ceilings? is that why your husband is building a wood plank for the ceiling. I have slanted ceilings and my boyfriend built a frame from wood, if you want me to i can share a picture on here to show you what it looks like and my pole is stable and working great, we set it up last night to.

• stargazermomma3665

July 8, 2015 at 3:58 pm

It is tensioned between the floor and a joist like it is supposed to be and it was plenty tight enough but today it slid off the ceiling. I wonder if the paint makes it slick and the silicone grip doesn’t grip enough or what. I make sure it is tight each time before working on it and it was good until after a few fireman spins and then down it came. We already have a frame built for it so that if it does slide again it will be stopped by the trim around it but that isn’t up yet, it’ on the honey-do-list for this weekend.

• mystical

July 8, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I know that carpet will make the pole slide out cause the carpet compresses down more when the pole is there or similar to that, In one of pixiloubell videos that happen to her when she had carpet. Its always good to check the pole before you practice..

• michaelaarghh

July 8, 2015 at 5:42 pm

If the pole is tight enough it won’t slip, it’s really that simple. When first putting it up you will need to tighten it every few days, and like skyember said, check it before each practice. Things like carpet decompressing, or ceilings flexing with the temperature can alter how secure the pole is.

• stargazermomma3665

July 8, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Now that you mention it the carpet was pretty compressed and I hadn’t checked it lately. Lesson learned lol I am still having a frame put up around the ceiling mount though as an extra safety measure. Thank you for your input 🙂