StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole party and ice breaker game

• Pole party and ice breaker game

Posted by Bey28 on August 18, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Hi all,

I want to throw a pole party at my house with some friends (It’s much cheaper than paying the rate at the studio 1.5 hours away). What are some ice breaker or other games to play to get the ladies going? I want to teach a cute dance and show them a few simple beginner moves too but any ideas for what happens at a pole party and ways to make it fun would be good. I don’t know a few of the girls that will be coming and I’m hoping that by doing this some of my friends will be interested in poling and possibly continue. It’s so hard to find pole pals! Any thoughts or suggestions?

One last thing, I’m a certified fitness instructor and I’ve been poling for a while and I’m at the advanced level so I’m quite comfortable teaching and showing proper technique. So no worries about my girlfriends falling and hurting themselves. lol.

Bey28 replied 14 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Meleania

August 19, 2009 at 2:23 am

i dunno, everytime I have girl friends over and I try to get them on the pole they either say ‘i cant do that unless im drunk!’ which i dont let them on when they are drunk, or they dont want to cuz they cant do anything, or they try 1 spin and then they say ‘thats hard!’ and stop. ugh it IS hard to find a pole pal!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2009 at 3:55 am

It would depend on the mood you want….Fitness type poling or Sexy/dance type poling. So think about your crowed what are they expecting, what would they be comfortable with. What side of pole do you want them to see??

• Bey28

August 19, 2009 at 4:18 am

I think I want the atmosphere to be fun & sexy/dance poling. Some of my girlfriends don’t do "fitness" so I don’t want to deter them. The more fun they have the better! We have my entire basement to use too so I’m really excited https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_bounce.gif

Please keep the suggestions coming https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Clinky

August 19, 2009 at 5:39 am

A possible fun game to open things up is to have some accessories (boa’s, satin gloves, wigs, etc). Be sure to have one of each. Have everyone vote who gets what? Or maybe everyone who tries a move gets an accessory of choice.

There’s all kinds of "What’s your Stripper Name" internet quizzes….maybe have everyone come up with a secret identity for the night, complete with outfit, attitude, and exaggeration. Getting to know the identities instead of the people you know, can be a whole heck of a lot of fun. But be careful – One time, someone came as me! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif

A couple of ideas! Hope they at least start some brainstorming off in your own head.

• PhillyPoleJess

August 19, 2009 at 8:00 am

Musical poles and Money Scatter- We do these both at my studio back to back and it ends with prize.
    Musical Poles – Break the ladies up into even groups usually groups of two or three work best. (if you have several poles and a lot of girls sometimes it is easier to do two groups at a time) We will say 9 Ladies 3 groups of three.

Each group has to dance around the pole but not touch it while the music is playing (touching is disqualification) When the music stop first girl to grab the pole with two hands on the pole wins. Same thing for the other groups.
    At the end you would have three winners. Whoever wins has a spot in in Money Scatter. Then the two girls who lost that round go again to see who the other person in the 2nd game will be. Now onto Money Scatter

Money Scatter- You will need two (to three blind folds) and lots of fake money. Blind fold the two girls and make them hold onto the pole. Scatter the fake money around them . When the music starts they get down on the floor. crawl around, and try to scoop as much money in their shirts as possible. When the music stops i make them drop any money in their hands. after wards they count out the bills and whoever has the most wins a prize.

it isnt a sexy game but it is fun and always gets everyone laughing and excited

• SissyBuns

August 19, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Musical poles and Money Scatter- We do these both at my studio back to back and it ends with prize.
    Musical Poles – Break the ladies up into even groups usually groups of two or three work best. (if you have several poles and a lot of girls sometimes it is easier to do two groups at a time) We will say 9 Ladies 3 groups of three.

Each group has to dance around the pole but not touch it while the music is playing (touching is disqualification) When the music stop first girl to grab the pole with two hands on the pole wins. Same thing for the other groups.
    At the end you would have three winners. Whoever wins has a spot in in Money Scatter. Then the two girls who lost that round go again to see who the other person in the 2nd game will be. Now onto Money Scatter

Money Scatter- You will need two (to three blind folds) and lots of fake money. Blind fold the two girls and make them hold onto the pole. Scatter the fake money around them . When the music starts they get down on the floor. crawl around, and try to scoop as much money in their shirts as possible. When the music stops i make them drop any money in their hands. after wards they count out the bills and whoever has the most wins a prize.

it isnt a sexy game but it is fun and always gets everyone laughing and excited

That money scatter game sounds fun, LOL. Especially if they get to pocket the cash.
    https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

• Bey28

August 20, 2009 at 2:36 am

Great ideas ladies! I’m really excited about it. Now my sister who lives about 4 hours away is coming to join the festivities https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_bounce.gif I think we’re going to have a great time. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif Thanks PhillyPoleJess!