StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole dancing mom creates a big buzz!…

• AllysonKendal

January 9, 2015 at 11:50 am

I think she is a lovely dancer.. and I don’t have a problem with this at all.

My husband always tells me I’m a bit desensitized to pole dancing. When I show him videos or pics sometimes he blushes at things… he is a better judge of whats appropriate to post on my non-pole instagram. Apparently things don’t phase me.

Anyway, I think it’s fine, and looks kind of fun. I’m wondering if I’d feel differently if the child was male?! I don’t know. Probably not. But to be honest I walk around the house in my underwear sometimes (when its not FREEZING), and don’t really think about it. But I don’t do anything “sexy” around my son.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 9, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Being that she is listed as a public figure on FB I would guess stirring up some controversy was a good way for her to get some publicity for her website….

I’ve posted many poling vids with my kids, the only one that ever had people mad at me was this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by0zMep9HsE Where at min 1:50 one of my kids blocks the camera…I got some nice hate for that.

Otherwise people (for the most part) seem to enjoy any vid I post with my kids like the Rock Lobster video. I guess I wouldn’t choose to dance to a song that talks about putting hands on bodies and dropping clothes to the floor. LOL…. and then post it publicly tho, but that’s just me. 😛

• AllysonKendal

January 9, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Haha, I didn’t have my sound on… but it looks like the music was dubbed in afterward, so who knows what she was listening to at the time.

But I agree.. not the most kid friendly song!

Cute video though Veena, I hadn’t seen that one.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 9, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Yeah, it’s weird if she picked that song to lay over, could have been someone else to overplayed the music tho..

• grayeyes

January 9, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Veena, thanks for that video. That just made me feel so much better about myself. Pretty much my entire pole practices look like that!

🙂

• battlestarlet

January 9, 2015 at 3:39 pm

My husband and I were just having this discussion last night–about how much of my pole dancing world I will share with my hypothetical future children. Will I be sexual and unashamed? Will I just call myself an aerial dancer because my practice area will also have lyra and silks? I just haven’t decided yet.

But, music lyrics aside, I do think that this particular video is really beautiful. Some of my happiest childhood memories are of dancing with my mom.

Here is a similar video put out by S-Factor I enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrgWwsAzDw

• Rachel Osborne

January 9, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I don’t pole dance with my just-turned 4 son in the room because it’s not safe! He runs at the pole, he tries to climb, he gets in the way!..poling is my ‘me’ time and I do it alone because I need to both concentrate intensely and to lose myself. Parenting and being a wife require a lot of giving and paying attention to others’ needs, and when I pole I am taking time out from the wife/mother stuff and focusing on my body flying in space and the present moment. I dance when he’s at morning preschool or in bed!

I had my baby/toddler always with me too, so if I’d had my pole when he was at that stage I would have been very frustrated!

• flyingchiro

January 9, 2015 at 9:21 pm

She is talented and looks beautiful. I think of pole dancing is a feminist, pro-women art. This mom is celebrating her true-self as a woman, and not the narrow, societal definition of who we should be. If sensuality/sexuality is part of us, why should it be hidden, shameful
    and scandalous?

• flyingchiro

January 9, 2015 at 9:23 pm

“as a feminist, pro-woman art.”

• Lucca Valentine

January 9, 2015 at 10:00 pm

I have the sound off too, but just by looks it’s seems perfectly appropriately. Moreso wanted to comment that I’m actually encouraged by the tone of the article and the fact 2/3 of the comments support it. Neither of these things would have been likely a few years ago…especially the comment section

• MD5677

January 10, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I loved all three videos in this thread. With all of the troubles in this world who could criticize these beautiful mother child videos. As far as the music goes, I thinks people are reading way too much into the song. I was paying so much attention to the beautiful little girl I certainly did not try to dissect the lines in the song! Last year my husband volunteered to tape my sons rowing competition for the team. When he showed it to us he used Kelly Roland’s Motivation song.for those of you who are not familiar with the song, it is about a woman motivating her man to give her a great orgasm. Not the best choice for a high school team tape. 😊. When we pointed it out he was completely unaware of the lines and immediately changed the song. Some folks just aren’t content aware. I have bigger issues with adults who sit their kids in
    front of a tv all day! As far as Veena’s video, thanks so much for keeping it real! It keeps me grounded in my pole journey. Especially on the days when I am struggling.