StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Widget Yes or No?

• Pole Widget Yes or No?

Posted by Sarah Brace on September 11, 2013 at 9:03 am

What is everyone's opinion of things like the pole widget? From what I can make out it's an attachment that fits the top of the pole & allows you to hang silks, yoga hammocks etc from it.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid

=517471511660900&set=pb.470910506317001.-2207520000.1378908147.&type=3&theater

Is it useful? Is it dangerous? Would it help you learn harder tricks? Or make you rely on it rather than your own strength? Your thoughts please.

Sarah Brace replied 10 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Sarah Brace

September 11, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Sorry, the link isn't working, hopefully I explained it ok! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

• Sarah Brace

September 12, 2013 at 5:25 am

Anyone?

• AvaBabe

September 12, 2013 at 6:15 am

It sounds interesting and I aim to discover more!

• Kobajo84

September 12, 2013 at 11:22 am

There are multiple variations currently out there on the market for this- one of the most popular is the Pole Aria offered by Lil Mynx. Although these devices offer the combination of silks and pole, from my experience the movement would be catered more towards an advanced level of poler. My reasoning is, you’re dealing with two apparatuses. There’s a body adaptation that occurs with the pole and a completely different body adaptation you have to learn with the silks. I have so far found little use for this accessory other than it’s fun to try but as far as it being really useful for a wide range of moves and learning, I’m not convinced. This may change as I get better at using both pole & silks together. There’s been previous discussions on this as well and if I remember correctly there was a debate whether these devices should be used on removable home poles?

• Krista Bocko

September 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Not a fan.

• Pulse Fitness

September 12, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Kody you’re amazing!

• Pulse Fitness

September 12, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Kody you’re amazing!

• Sarah Brace

September 13, 2013 at 3:16 am

Thanks Kobajo, you’ve given me tons of good info! I’m thinking I’ll stick with pole simply for pole moves & do my aerial yoga separately, I think that way I’ll get the best of everything in its pure form. 🙂