StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Sleeve Question

• Pole Sleeve Question

Posted by Rose2011 on July 24, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Have a question for my fellow polers. I hope I can explain this. LOL
    I want to get a stage pole for outside. It is very humid here and I was going to get a pole sleeve for it and just leave it on the pole. I would like the diameter to be 45mm. I heard pole sleeves add about a diameter in size. So do I order a 40mm pole and add the sleeve or just stay with a 45mm pole and put the sleeve on it? NOTE: I have a 50mm pole know and its too big.

CD Hussey fka Jivete replied 9 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • PoleNika

July 25, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I have a 45mm with a Pole Sleeve on it. My son is 7 and swings around it by one hand because the Pole Sleeve helps with the grip. But if you are really worried about it, then order the 40mm and add the sleeve. Either way you will love it!

• Rose2011

July 25, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you.

• Cuwoody

July 26, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Personally I would order a 40mm with sleeve. I have played on a 45 with a sleeve and I can do a lot on it but think I would like it more if it was a little smaller.

• Rose2011

July 26, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Thank you! Appreciate the comments. 🙂

• Pinkkupcakez

July 27, 2014 at 2:16 am

I have a 38mm with pole sleeve and it’s as big as a 45mm. If I would do it again, I would just get the pole coated since it’s not that easy to put on/off the sleeve so it might as well be permanent.

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

July 27, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I hated my sleeve. I have a 45mm pole and it made it too big to grip. Then I couldn’t get it off. Ended up having to cut it off. Grrr