StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Parties

• Pole Parties

Posted by joni1 on August 31, 2013 at 8:55 am

Hi everyone. I'm going start teaching leveled pole classes at a brand new pole studio in a couple of weeks. But I have never done a pole party which we would occationally do also. I was wondering how you teach a typical pole party. What else should be done in a pole party. Any suggestions to make it fun for everyone. Anything special you do or add to a pole party? Thank you so much in advance for any tips.

paintilady replied 10 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • SunshineKonigin

August 31, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I have a ton of beginner, super safe, easy moves available in my brain, or on notes.  I look at the crowd and only do the moves that the least physically fit person in the crowd can do.  I also ask if anyone has any injuries or sensitive body parts that I need to be aware of for the moves.  I had a 400lb student once.  She did all the moves everyone else in the class did.  Everyone had a great time. 

I know a lot of other studios do lap dances and stuff in a pole party.   I don't.   I just have them play dance tag with the moves they just learned.  I live in a conservative area, and not everyone wants to give their future sister-in-law a lap dance. 

Dance tag is a game where you do a few moves to a song chosen by the bride or the party.  One person starts, everyone gets tagged into dance one at a time.  It's fun!!!! 

However, I'll be keeping an eye on this post because I would like some new ideas as well.  

• paintilady

September 1, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Private Parties are actually my favorite part of our pole studio!  The ladies that come to parties are a whole different crowd than our regular students. Bachelorette parties are huge, and in these ladies come to have the time of their life, do things they would not ordinarily do, they are willing to pay for a really good experience.  Keeping all that in mind, most often than not, they are not the "fit type" crowd.  Many do not work out ever, have children full time jobs, and only want to try something fun. There often is the mom, aunt or older one tagging along with much younger ones, so the crowd can be mixed in ages and abilities. 

So in our parties we have certain routines mapped out that we have memorized and quickly change out certain moves if the party is not physically fit.  Like SunshineKonigin, we teach to the least fit in the crowd.  The moves tend to be much easier, we are focused on fun, not fitness which our regular classes are, we throw in sexy moves.  We keep High heels in our dressing room a huge shelf full of them just for party goers to put on and dance in. Our regular students do not want to use the shoes…. 

Our regular students want fitness type pole classes and are not so excited about a sexy styled class.  Our parties though tend to be quite the opposite, for one night in their life they want to let their inner stripper out!, they want to dance to music, learn a few cool moves, take lots of pictures, and pretend they were a pole dancer for one evening. They want to feel beautiful, sexy, and not worry about looking silly.  We have learned how to pose the whole party for pictures at the end and even video their dance routine for them if they bring a camera or phone that can. 

Simple body waves, step around type moves, kick and slides, a little floor work ( unless you have ladies that are quite heavy, have bad knees, or look like getting up and down off the floor will be a struggle.) If this type of crowd shows up, you have to change your routine to take out floor moves, and make it more dancy.  We usually don't put in any feet off the ground type moves like spins.  Any type of pole move that is not easy becomes frustrating, when the party thought they would show up and "dance" sexy on a a pole.  

Coming up with super easy moves, and not going to the floor at all, can be a challenge, and you will learn quickly that party goers, at least in my experience are not interested in doing anything that requires work, or is complicated.  So think fun pole dancing.  Its that easy, Make it really easy, have them learn a mini routine, at if you can let one of them or you film them on the camera they brought all doing the routine. 

The atmosphere in our studio for parties is dark, we have out rope lights on, a disco ball, music playing louder than usual when they arrive, this atmosphere is crucial I think to helping the party keep in the "party" spirit.  Sometimes we even pick out "stripper names" You have to guage the crowd on this, and so far they always love this part.  

(this was suggested quite a few times by parties so I picked up the suggestion and now suggest it) Many can not think up cute names so we have  a list for them to choose from, this helps them put on a fun personality for an evening, and keeps them in the party mood.  Calling them their "fun" name for the evening helps change the whole mood of the class, as they all take on their sexy personalities and play along.  Name Picking happens while they are putting on their heels and filling out forms, 

I love parties, they are really fun, not serious and we hope those ladies leave with some experience they will truly cherish and never forget.