StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Expo 2014

• Princess Buttercup

July 17, 2014 at 10:22 am

CrazyK- I will be in the All Things Handsprings class too! A friend and I are also taking “Floating Inversions” Friday at 11:30 and “Pure Pole” Saturday at 1pm.

I emailed Fawnia directly to ask her about my skill level, because I too was worried about not getting much out of a class that was above my level. For those that might be wondering, this is what the conversation went like: Me- “I have been climbing and inverting for over a year. I can perform consistently moves such as: shoulder mount, Gemini, scorpio, butterfly, superman, bow & arrow/pencil. I have yet to succeed at cartwheel mount or any form of handspring and my handstands are ok, but sometimes hit and miss.” Fawnia: “You will do well with both intermediate and advanced. The instructors will also modify if needed. So when you are in class, if you have questions or need something modified or broken down step by step, just ask”.

Based on that I decided to stick with classes that were geared more towards intermediate level.

Verticali- what did you find out about private classes? Can you share them? Did you get costs for anyone in particular? Any suggestions? That might be a great once in a lifetime opportunity!

• Mari Moves

July 17, 2014 at 8:42 pm

@CrazyKosters, I am slated to take Doubles Pole with MiNadia Duo on Friday at 1pm as well! My pole partner in crime unfortunately didn’t make it into that class before it filled up so I’ll be looking for a stand-in *wink wink*

@Princess Buttercup, I’m also booked in for Pure Pole on Saturday at 1pm so I’ll be looking out for you too!

Question for everyone: if money wasn’t an issue, how many workshops do you think you’d take?

• glitterhips

July 18, 2014 at 12:03 am

I live in Vegas and I am really hoping to go 🙂 I can’t wait to meet some Veeners!

• CrazyKosters

July 18, 2014 at 1:19 am

If money wasn’t an issue, I would probably take 2 a day and do some freebies as well. I would hate to book too much and be too fatigued or sore to really get the most out of it. Depends on my energy level though. I will sometimes pole for hours and other times i’ll do maybe 20-30 minutes lol.

• luvlee

July 18, 2014 at 9:32 am

I ended up taking two a day last year. That seemed like a good number for me. I know some took more, but I personally would have been wore out with more. Honestly, as far as money goes, no issue for us, but I still would recommend maybe only one or two a day.

• Mari Moves

July 18, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Well Veeners, after lots of agonizing and soul-searching, I heeded the advice you gave and dropped 4 of my workshops. Friday will be my most intense day with 6 pole & non-pole workshops but I figure I should have the most amount of energy on day one of poling anyway so I think I’ll be fine.

Thanks for all of the feedback Lovelies!

47 MORE SLEEPS! *EXCITEMENT!* 😀

• luvlee

July 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I wish I was still going. This house renovation is very exciting but it has stolen my summer. :/ As soon as dates for next year are posted, I am starting a thread LOL!!!!

• Mari Moves

July 18, 2014 at 10:21 pm

@luvlee I began making plans to attend Pole Expo 2013 shortly after the dates were made public at the end of 2012. Two weeks later, I learned that I was pregnant so I can relate about a summer being “stolen”.

They say it’s only getting better with each year so the value of this summer’s sacrifice should be more apparent in 2015 😉

• luvlee

July 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm

You are right, Mari! I had tickets purchased and everything the minute they were for sale. I have heard there will be a new venue for next year as well, but do not know specifics yet. I liked the Palms, but I am sure all the places there are amazing!!!!

• Lee lee

July 19, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Mari Moves – It’s not my birthday weekend, but I’m going as a birthday gift to myself. I’m booked for 5 workshops so far, but am imposing a max of 3/day. I have made sure to space them out and quite a few are non-pole. 6 in one day! Wow, you are definitely making the most of this trip, good for you!

Princess Buttercup – I didn’t end of booking private lessons. Everyone that I am going with one this trip is an instructor and at a different fitness level than myself, so I decided to save the money and maybe buy an extra pair or 2 of pole shorts. Sorry I can’t be of any help.

Anyone feel like chiming in on how they arranged meetups last year? As much as I would like to go to everyone and say “Are you on SV”?, it might get exhausting. :). I can’t wait to meet more Veeners (I’ve only met one so far and she was lovely!).

• Princess Buttercup

July 20, 2014 at 11:56 pm

@Mari- 6 in one day, you go girl!

Verticali- I think a planned meetup would be great. Any thoughts? It’s too bad Veena doesn’t sell shirts or it would be easier to find each other!

• CrazyKosters

July 21, 2014 at 12:19 am

We could make name tag stickers that say studioveena and our name on here lol

• Vdub

July 21, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I think a planned meetup would be a great idea. I haven’t met a veener that I didn’t like!

• Vdub

July 21, 2014 at 12:06 pm

does anyone know if the poles at Pole Expo will be 45 or 50s?

• luvlee

July 21, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Usually all 45

Page 3 of 12