StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Expo 2014

• TLizzard

April 2, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Mechie…sent you a PM – have question for you. thanks!

• Mechie

April 2, 2014 at 12:52 pm

@TLizzard – check your mailbox~~

• Lee lee

April 2, 2014 at 10:04 pm

This will be my first pole event, but when I took a workshop with a pole expert at my studio, she was really good at modifying moves so that less advanced people could do them. However, there were only 12 people max in those workshops so the chances of getting one-on-one time were great.

I don’t know if you’ve looked at the Pole Expo site, but they do state the levels that are recommended in the workshops. I personally am taking that with a grain of salt because I know that although I may be allowed to attend a workshop that is more advanced than me, I won’t feel like I am getting the most out of my money.

If there is something that you are interested in, sure go ahead and take the class but I’ve heard that most of the signature tricks workshops are for the more advanced students and others may have to just take notes for future use. If you are worried about wasting your money, I’d suggest sticking to workshops that sound like they are around your level or at least something you know you want to work on in the future.

• Mechie

April 3, 2014 at 12:21 pm

@ Verticali – Thanks~~ the workshop I went to last was also limited amount of people, I even called in advance to make sure it’s for all level and not just advance only. But the “name-not-mention” only gave attention to those 3-4 advance students. Well, I guess at the end it just depends on the instructor.

I’m definitely not ready for advance signature move~~ But if the workshop said they are for intermediate or all level…I just hope that will be the case. I just don’t want to waste my time or money and take a class when I’m not ready for it~

Thanks again~

• Lee lee

June 20, 2014 at 7:38 am

Does anyone know how to book a private lesson? It doesn’t say on the website, but I know that bloggers have mentioned it in previous years.

• SharkyHill

June 20, 2014 at 8:00 am

Verticali, you have to contact Fawnia directly. Just go into the contact us section of the website and type your request in there. Fawnia is really good about getting back to you quickly.

• Lee lee

June 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Thanks!

Any chance you know the approximate costs? I don’t want to bother her if it’s way out of my price range.

• korinne

June 20, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Verticali- I booked one for a friend’s bday in 2012- it depends on instructors- they set their own price. I booked with Jamilla for 85$ but there were people charging upwards of 150. (Jamilla ended up not coming and we had estee instead and it was wonderful.) Even though it’s way more than the workshops, it’s totally worth it. The personalization makes it so much more worthwhile than taking multiple workshops that aren’t quite what you’re looking for.

• SharkyHill

June 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I would imagine that they are more than $85 this year since $85 is what each pole workshop costs. But like Korinne said, privates can definitely be worth it!

• korinne

June 20, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I got confused and I lied. Sorry. It was 180 and we split it among 3 people. Worth it though. The workshops were all 85.

• jbrint9658

June 21, 2014 at 7:22 pm

HI I went last year and can’t wait for this year. To answer some questions. I took some workshops last year that were over my skill level. The workshops there are full and if they are working on moves that require (for example) a handspring and you do not have one yet you will not learn as much. I do recommend staying in your skill level.

Privates depend on the individual instructor rate. I booked one already and I recommend it but every instructor at expo has a rate. Email Fawnia and tell her who you want the private with and she will help you

Also book workshops ASAP. Many will sell out!

I would love to meet anyone else who is going. I can’t wait!

• Lee lee

June 21, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I didn’t realized that you could share the private workshop, I’ll have to check with the girls at my studio and see. I’ve already booked my regular workshops, so I’m not worried about that.

• Lee lee

July 16, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Bumping this up for Princess Buttercup

• Mari Moves

July 16, 2014 at 11:02 pm

A group of ladies and I will be attending Pole Expo this year from Bermuda so hopefully we get a chance to meet some of you wonderful polers of SV! I am SUPER excited about attending my first Pole Expo – especially because it’s on my birthday weekend :).

Whenever I get a chance to get off island, one of the first things I do after confirming airfare and accommodates is locate a pole studio to attend a class and/or a private (read: I am forever trying to squeeze as much pole as possible out of any experience I can). So when I decided that I would be attending Pole Expo this year, I carefully selected as many workshops as I thought I could physically endure. BUT, now I am feeling a bit apprehensive about the number of workshops that I’ve booked (10+) especially after reading some of the comments regarding certain instructors not accommodating all skill levels :S The workshops I chose are about 60% pole vs. 40% non-pole as well as one spinning pole and one intro to silks class each.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on whether or not you feel this schedule is too ambitious. The last thing I want to do is to travel all that way to not get the best possible experience.

• CrazyKosters

July 17, 2014 at 1:11 am

Just wanted to say that I will also be attending my first pole expo this year!!! Eeek! I’m excited. I only booked 3 workshops because of money issues. I plan on doing a lot of the free stuff as well. I will be there the 4th in the morning until the late day on the 7th.

I am taking
    Doubles Pole Friday @1pm -Minadia Duo
    Intermediate and Advanced Entrances & Exits Saturday @10:15am -Chris Measday
    And All things Handsprings Sunday @10:30 -Charlee Shae Wagner

I hope to see a lot of you there!! I am meeting up with a few people already but message me if you want to meet up if time and schedules allow. Is anyone else taking the same workshops? I am taking Doubles with Stiletto Jeau and the handsprings with her as well.

Page 2 of 12