StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Dancing for Jesus?!

• Layla Duvay

December 1, 2009 at 10:54 pm

That Blaqstar1 was right on the money, especially that quote from Paul. I also thought your reply was eloquent and heartfelt and THAT"S the kind of dialogue Christians need to be having; not just about pole, but other things as well. We need to reason together and examine our hearts, not go about smiting each other with the Word!!

I find your dance uplifting and beautiful and it does NOT cause me to stumble, lol! Although, honestly, heterosexual women are not wired quite the same way as hetero men when it comes to arousal, so there’s that. Obviously, there are always exceptions, but you know what I mean. So pole on, you beautiful Jungle Cat, pole on in His name!!! It is a gift that you give the world!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_santa.gif

• Veena

Administrator
    December 1, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I watched. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif I am not a "believer", but I think that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about your actions….the only thing that matters is that your true to yourself and your heart is in the right place. Christians need to relax and leave the "judging" to a higher power. *steps off soap box* https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif Keep on dancing JC https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cat.gif

• Elyse Hauke

December 1, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Holy Crap Jungle!!! Way to start a scandal!!! I think this is too funny. It’s cool that he is projecting a very open and non-judgmental platform but seriously, can a guy just listen to some gospel and pole? Why all the hub bub?
    God gave us pole just like he gave us everything else right, what would he care?

hahaa. I love how you keep it real bro. and great vid btw!!!

much love,

Elyse

• stardust

December 2, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Hi JC, great insight and sharing of your views on Blaqstar1’s YT.
    There’s nothing sensual about your dance and I’m not even offended by your vid (as a christian, myself).
    For me personally, I view poling as an exercise form and it’s definitely a mammoth task to master all the mind-boggling moves.
    Knowing that you’re just 9 months into poling, you’ve certainly achieved a great deal! Your vids have always been awesome!
    I do hope one day, people are more accepting & open to the idea that poling is one of the many exercise workouts out there.
    Cheers

• morgana

December 3, 2009 at 7:49 am

Hey there JC!

You know what kills me…..? All my life I grew up in a religious holy war… My grandparents are pentecostal missionaries in Port Au Prince, Haiti, Nairobi, Kenya, Brazil, Mexico, Mozambique, & More…… My mother is Catholic. I have had religion crammed down my throat so much that when I get ill and vomit it spews forth. I specifically remember a bible lesson from my early childhood where it reads something like: "…..make a joyful noise unto me…" Talking about singing and dancing and being joyful in the name of the Lord. The bible also refers to making sure to be a "good wife" & "taking care of your mate" etc. And I think Pole Dancing does all of that. You choose to use it as a form of creative expression, which is beautiful, and wives like me, do it for the fitness as well & the ability to surprise and stimulate our marriages. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Having said that: I watched your vid. I watched several vids from this site, actually, and there wasn’t a single one that made me cringe. My Grandmother even said, "wow he’s strong, like those circus people who do that acrobat stuff in Vegas…." She meant Cirque de Soleil. Now trust me when I tell you MY Pentecostal, holy rolling, tongue speaking Grampepper can get down and flay you easily if she thinks your betraying her God…. trust me on that one….. But this woman saw fitness, acrobatic skill, & loved the music choice.

Now me? I’m a Wiccan Priestess. Going into my 2nd year of study with my teachers…. and last time I looked no one in my community calls you out on YouTube and declares you blasphemous of the path you choose to walk. I find it offensive and demeaning to Christians when someone feels the need to publicly humiliate another in the name of God. To me it isn’t any different from stoning a woman in the town square after publicly declaring her a whore. It is both humiliating & defamatory to one’s character to draw out your perceived negatives…and perhaps if this man had a job, a hobby, a wife (preferably one who pole danced, heheheh) who actually occupied his mind, his heart, & his spirit with love & purpose then he’d be less miserable and more inclined to show love & compassion and support for those unique individuals who go forth and try something different. Isn’t it said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." I wonder when people who spend their lives judging get to the pearly gates if God meets them instead of St. Peter and says…"Wow, you did my job for me….and you did it badly….Thanks, but no thanks…Heaven’s full."

I wholly and joyfully support you, amigo. It is my hope, through your love of life, your courage, & audacity to dare that your gift changes the world and helps in the universal shift towards kindness that we have been pushing for.

With much love-

Brightest Blessings-
    MR

• FreeTheSun

December 4, 2009 at 3:04 am

Thanks for sharing JC. I think that it is great that someone who is not an active member of the pole community is willing to look at your work objectively and actually consider it. Your comment(s) were very eloquent as well.

• DeaconJungleCatPoles

December 4, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Thank you all for your kind and wonderful remarks! You are all fascinating and wonderful people who fill my life with so much joy and happiness I don’t even know what to do with it all. Bless you all. I love you all so very much. The pole dance community is the best!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• blueeyes

December 13, 2009 at 7:26 am

What I find SOOO ironic about this is like a day before JC posted this, I wanted to do a dance to Hillsong – a Christian rock band because I LOVE their music & From The Iside Out is an amazing song, I LOVE pole dancing, I LOVE God & Im so thankful to have the ability to be able to pole dance…. that I felt it was perfect. It would’ve almost been a "thank you" dance… so I just find it ironic that this came up like a day after!!
    Thanks for breaking the ice JC! haha… God bless you – you’re awesome, keep poling & keep praising…
    I think the whole situation was irrelevant to being a believer… my opinion.
    Only God can judge you, right?

• lily

December 14, 2009 at 3:34 am

Dude, I have always loved your videos and thought it was so awesome you danced to praise & worship!

Pole dancing for Jesus? I say hell yeah! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif I grew up going to spirit-filled Evangelical Christian churches so I’ve seen serious joy in dancing in praise. Sadly I’ve also seen enough of judgmental, hypocritical Christians to make me stay away from church – though I’m a bigger fan of Jesus than I’ve ever been in my life right now.

I find his whole question of should be pole dancing be condemned to be totally offensive. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumbdown.gif

• SaschaPoles

December 15, 2009 at 4:11 pm

jungle my handsome cat, i think it takes a lot of courage to be who you really are….michael jackson said this really great quote that went, " People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn’t bother me. Everything can be strang to someone". So I say, keep doin’ what you’ve been doin. Stay true to who you are, because it’s beautiful and inspiring. LOVE YOU!!!!!!! (and so psyched to meet you this weekend!)