StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Dancing Prep!

• SaschaPoles

December 30, 2008 at 1:07 am

definitely check out veena’s video’s on warming up and cooling down- she also has a ton of great strength building exercise video’s that you can do with your pole that helps a lot. be sure to stretch too!

• Sparklie

December 30, 2008 at 4:15 am

i found basic ballet helpful for me, but basic gymnastics might be helpful too…

• pole-twista

December 30, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Really anything that gets your blood circulating and your heart rate up a little followed by stretching strectching
    Never strectch cold muscles as they warm they become more pliable ( like most things ) so your less likely to pull or tear something i find doing a basic yoga tape (about 10 or 15 mins they have basic yoga dvds that come in 3 10-min. sessions think its called "10 minute solution they also have many other activites) after a quick warm up has helped alot with my range of motion ( when i actually bother to do it) i think jumping jacks (assuming you don’t have bad knees ect ) is one of the fastest ways to warm up and use arms/legs

I think having some great music to warm up/stretch to will def. motivate me https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• Kayla Bee

December 31, 2008 at 6:12 am
  • polestar25

December 2, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Do you ladies have any pole stretches that you do to prep? What I mean is stretches that use the pole for resistance…?

• pole-twista

December 3, 2009 at 5:14 pm

i stand w my back to pole hands both above head in double baseball/ cup grip and lean out away from pole while keeping feet close to base of bottom of pole. than i turn to face the pole and do the same leaning out (hands over head and feet close to pole so your almost making you and the pole into a bow of a bow and arroow. than do the same w each side "facing " the pole and stretch sides. feels great. hope this was easy to understand. am going to test the quality of web cam vids this weekend. if not too bad will be able to post short vids on site from there. will show what i mean and some other things i do w pole to stretch if am able to. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif