StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pierced belly button?

• Pierced belly button?

Posted by balletgurlie on July 6, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I might’ve posted this already but just in case here it is again.

I’m thinking about getting my belly button repierced and I was wondering how this would affect my pole dancing if at all? If anyone has any advice before I get it done, that would be great! Thanks!

Lucyloo replied 15 years ago 16 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • SissyBuns

July 7, 2009 at 12:24 am

I have mine done and it’s well healed so even if it does come into contact with the pole it doesn’t bother me or maybe I just adjust abit to the left or right.

I’m still a noob though so I’m not doing all that extra cool fancy stuff yet….

• azriel

July 7, 2009 at 1:05 am

i have my belly button pierced, and when i first got my pole (x-pole chrome), it started to chip and flake right where the two main pieces connect. This happened shortly after i began to invert. I don’t know if it was the belly button ring that caused it- But the spot where the pole started chipping, is around where my stomach is when i am in the basic inverted position. I am especially suspicious of the caterpillar move having caused the damage. X-pole sent me the new piece that i needed for replacement (for free), but ever since i don’t risk it, so i take my ring out before every practice.
    You won’t be able to be taking your ring out for a while after you get it.. but if you’re just doing only spins for now maybe it’s ok, but i’d suggest for inverts it’s better not to have it on, just in case!!
    But i can’t tell you for sure, this was just my experience- my pole may have been defective to begin with- but i personally wouldn’t risk it! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• SissyBuns

July 7, 2009 at 4:04 am

I invert occasionally…the bulk of my practices are spent upverted (is that a word?) so I can’t say for sure but when I do (occasionally) invert it doesn’t bother me or my pole that much but like I said…….it’s occasionally….very very…occasionally, LOL https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

why’d I even post that after you Az that was a waste of time LOL.

• Rouge_LAmour

July 7, 2009 at 9:12 am

I nearly ripped out my navel piercing by catching it.
    It grew out about a month later.

You can cover it with a wound dressing to protect it, but I’d give it a few weeks of rest before doing any inverts etc.

Talk with your prospective piercer about it: if they’re good, they’ll tell you the risks etc.
    Also double check the placing of the piercing, mine was placed in a spot that was likely to catch.

Check out http://www.fleshwound.co.nz (has some "explcit" shots of less well known piercings, so if you are squeamish about looking at girl and boy bits, then be careful which gallery you go to.)
    ask them loads about the piercing, it’s whom I’m going to for my next lot and they are the best in Welly.

• Foxy_Rei

July 7, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I have my belly button pierced and have never had a problem with it at all, actually… for me or the pole. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif

• Charley

July 8, 2009 at 11:44 am

I HAD a belly piercing that I removed – not pole related but I’d had it since I was 17 and really thought it something I should remove as part of my moving forward. I’d had it for over 10 years…

I didn’t have a lot of trouble with it but I constantly was losing the ball for it, it did catch on clothing a few times and I could feel it when it was against the pole. Don’t get anything dangly or a hoop. – that’s all I can say.

I’m happier not to have to worry about it in all honesty – if you do get one make sure you wear a crop top or sports bra when you pole so your clothing doesn’t catch on it.

• Andrea

July 8, 2009 at 2:13 pm

When I first got my pole, my belly button was still healing and I would catch it every once and awhile. It would hurt a little bit but thats about it. Now that its healed I have no problems, it just clinks against the pole. The pole is fine though, I havent noticed any scratches.

• SaschaPoles

July 10, 2009 at 2:40 am

oh god!!! scary scary!!!!!!!!!!!

• balletgurlie

July 11, 2009 at 7:09 am

I appreciate everyone’s advice! I’ve decided not to pierce it! It just isn’t worth the risk and I don’t want to minimize my pole work anymore than I already have to (thank you pulled hamstring that won’t heal for another 4 weeks or so) so the piercing is out for now! Thanks everyone!

• Sparklie

July 21, 2009 at 10:16 am

I have three naval piercings, and they have never bothered my dancing. When I first got them I would carry saline solution in a little travel size spray bottle and use that to clean them periodically through out the day. Or I would take a shot glass with warm salt water and soak it for 10-15 minutes to take away redness. Both of these methods really helped to reduce the pain of the first couple of weeks. For me after about two weeks, as long as I didn’t catch it on a friends belt, it didn’t hurt at all, even when I would bang it against the pole. A lot of people tried to scare me with stories of it would get infected, but that was never true for me. It got irritated, but that is fairly normal because your shirt will rub against it. I have had all three of mine for a year and a half, almost two, and haven’t had a problem with it and poling.

• gingerkittyos

August 4, 2009 at 3:35 am

i think it’s more about how you use your body and the pole…
    for me personally, the only problem i’ve ever had in 7 months is doing handstands with a ring that has a longer piece attached. otherwise, nada https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• azzwoo

August 4, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I’ve caught mine on that tiny hole in the x-pole (where you tighten them with the rods). Only once though, and it was only because I was being silly and mucking around. I wouldn’t recommend having a bellybutton bar in for any exercise, as they can catch on clothing, equipment, everything! That said I still love my sparkly bellybutton after 8 years! I woudn’t let pole-ing get in the way of having it done if its something you really want. At the end of the day once its healed you can take it out if you want/need to?

• Hockey_Soldier

August 6, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Simple solution:
    When/if you get it peirced then request the first jewelry to be a short barbell. I was playing full contact ice hockey and doing martial arts when I got mine peirced and I never had any problems. You can still move it like you would a ring to teach the skin there is a hole there now and it cleans just as easy.

I had a custom made clear plastic barbell that was like just a smidge over the length of the actual peircing site and had a flat top and a rubber band instead of a ball to screw on made for me for the time I went to army basic training. Obstacle courses and all kinds of torture…not only did it not catch but even the drill sgts could see it

• Louisex

August 17, 2009 at 1:27 pm

i have my belly button pierced too and its never got caught while pole dancing.

but when i first got my belly button pierced i wasnt pole dancing then but after the freezing eased off i couldnt bend down as it was painful but i have never since i started have caught my belly bar on my pole. if you do have your belly button pierced just be careful when bending down for things.

good luck https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• JiGsAwChIcK13

August 18, 2009 at 3:50 am

I have had mine pierced for almost 2 years and it doesn’t bother me on the pole at all…then again I always wear a shirt lol But it shouldn’t be too much of a problem

Page 1 of 2