StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Picture editing software/program?!?!?!

• chemgoddess1

February 25, 2010 at 9:09 pm

GIMP!!!!!!

It is free and does pretty much everything that adobe does. There is a bit of a learning curve but there are tutorials out the wazoo for it.

I have done silhouettes and sparkly and all sorts of fun stuff with it. I have spent HOURS playing with just one photo.

• Foxy_Rei

February 26, 2010 at 4:11 am

Yes, the GIMP is a good one – open-source software. It’s free and there are a ton of tutorials on it (I’m a Linux user and a sucker for these kinds of programs, although I have to admit I prefer Photoshop anyway).

Also, you can Google search for Adobe Photoshop trials for the various versions that they have out there. (CS, CS2, CS3, etc.) Some of them have an actual time limit and some have a number of uses limit (like 30 days or 30 uses). They’re getting harder to find because a lot of links just take you back to the Adobe site where you can only download the latest version’s trial. I used to just download one trial version then when the time was up I would download and use the next. There are also cracks for Photoshop, but given that’s not exactly legal… well, you know. *shrug* https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif