StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Paleo/Primal Diet and Exercise

• BailaHoops

July 9, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I know its been a year since you posted this but I just wanted to say thanks! I just started trying to eat this way full time! I love it so far I feel more satisfied and more awake. 🙂 Any one else paleo?

• BailaHoops

July 9, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I know its been a year since you posted this but I just wanted to say thanks! I just started trying to eat this way full time! I love it so far I feel more satisfied and more awake. 🙂 Any one else paleo?

• meaganoff

July 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I'm 80% paleo most of the time – I do love the occasional post workout cheat meal, though. 🙂 But I adore it. Have lost a TON of weight this way. Highly recommended! 🙂

• Madfelice

July 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm

My partner has been on this diet for about 6 weeks now and has lost a whole lot of weight.  He is getting close to his target weight already!

• ladynocturnal

June 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I really want to start Paleo, but don't know anyone who is doing this or who would be on board with me. I've cut out bread before and saw some progress, but then I just got lazy. My hardest thing will be to cut out cheese and yogurt! And sweetening my coffee in the morning… anyone have an recipes to share?

• Mooneyhammer

June 28, 2013 at 4:44 am

I’m on it- and I’m local! :). I started it before too and just recently restarted so maybe we can motivate each other? It’s just so expensive and so much work, but you really do reap the benefits so I guess it’s worth it.

• Mooneyhammer

June 28, 2013 at 4:44 am

Well, local as in va at least. Lol

• Mooneyhammer

June 28, 2013 at 4:45 am

• Mooneyhammer

June 28, 2013 at 4:45 am

• Emikoisabella

June 28, 2013 at 7:27 am

Hi ladynocturnal! I’ve been eating paleo since Decemebr 2012. I think a good way to start is to check out the book “It Starts With Food” and their program called the Whole30. That is how I started and I think it’s a great introductory program that you can follow to really understand the foundation of eating paleo and what it can do for your health. I’ve also noticed tremendous strength gains in terms of pole after i started eating paleo compared to my previous diet.

If you want to check out paleo recipes I recommend nomnompaleo, paleomg, and everydaypaleo – these are the best paleo food blogs! 🙂

• Emikoisabella

June 28, 2013 at 7:30 am

Mooneyhammer – paleo doesn’t have to be that expensive! Here is a great article about how to eat paleo on a budget 🙂

http://onceamonthmom.com/paleo-on-a-budget/

• ladynocturnal

June 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Thanks! Awesome to see 'locals' that are eating paleo! My biggest problem is meal planning, because if I don't have something I can grab right away, I eat what's convenient. I work odd hours so that doesn't help either. I have heard of the Whole30 and I should read it! Maybe I'll check for it at the library. Thanks for the links!

Also, how many meals would you say you ate a day? I've been reading that its ok to do  the '3 square meals' when in other instances 6 small meals throughout the day is better.

• Emikoisabella

June 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Ladynocturnal – For meal planning I recommend cooking the majority of your meals on Sunday. I work long hours as we during the week so I find that prepping your meals for the week on Sunday is key. For example, I’ll make a big batch of chili, maybe some meat sauce, cook up some chicken, brown some ground meat, chop up my vegetables, make a couple of veggie side dishes and roast some sweet potatoes. You can even pack your lunches in advance so you can grab it and go in the mornings!

As for the number of meals per day, 3 regular sized meals should suffice, but towards the beginning of eating paleo, you will probably be hungry in between those meals. If you need to snack between meals, make sure the snack had protein carbs and fat (like a mini meal) so you feel satisfied. As you become more acclamated to this way of eating you’ll only need 3 meals a day and most likely won’t find the necessity to snack.

I would definitely check out the Whole30 and read the book – it’s very helpful 🙂