StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Opinions on Rihanna’s Pour it up (Explicit) video

• CherryPop4u

November 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Call it what you want!!!! But I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pole Dancing was made for the strip club, circus and entertainment of that nature! It didn’t start off as a sport! How’s anyone gonna try to take the sexual, entertaining part of Pole dancing away from it?…… (Something that has and always will be there) and It did not become at “sport” until it started to be taught to regular everyday woman that wanted to find the inner SEX KITTIN and until we brought the pole into our homes!!!! If it started off as a sport it would’ve been a part of the Olympics! While ppl are just fighting for it within just of no more than 15/20 years if not less than that! So to whomever don’t like the video! Get the FUDGE OVER IT!!!! THE POUR IT UP VIDEO IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

• Phoenix Hunter

November 5, 2013 at 7:50 pm

there’s definitely no wrong or right answer, this is all a matter of opinion and taste and I appreciate hearing other peoples opinion especially when I feel differently. I like to see things through someone else’s eyes, I always learn what I may be missing whether I agree or not.

• nilla

November 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Forgot to add, the OP is an entirely different issue than what I was addressing. I don’t think the pour it up video sets pole dance back in any way shape or form. No more than this video sets back the reputation of tight pants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1c2KzJbcGA

It may not be my idea of sexy (which weirdly is the ultimate insult for some people), but it’s one of those things you just gotta respect because of the WTF factor.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 5, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I liked both rhianna and miley’s video, but I consider my taste to be a little on the risqué side.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 5, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Nilla, it’s ok to not like the video. I hope no one is attacking you for that. that is pretty hypocritical if they are.

• Black Orchid

November 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Of course using a strong word like disgusting implies judgement. How we move from there to a place of constructive discussion ( like being able to answer the question of why was it disgusting exactly and then a cool back and forth) is the point, I think. Sorry I’ve been teaching all day. Ha ha.

This video is all about being in the club. Honestly I’ll take this one over Ludacris’ ” Tip Drill”. Now THAT I found disgusting. LOL.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 5, 2013 at 8:06 pm

exactly BlackOrchid 🙂

• nilla

November 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Black Orchid I meant judgment in the moral sense, as in “You must be morally inept a.k.a. a bad person if you pole dance, or like this or that style of pole dance”. As opposed to judging something to be not very sexy, or even disgusting. I think there’s a big difference between the two. I haven’t seen Ludacris’ Tip Drill Video. *resists urge to look it up*

• Black Orchid

November 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I knew what you meant, no worries ;). The word judgmental IS being used in both ways here and that’s ok as long as we can have a good back and forth about it. Save your eyeballs and skip “Tip Drill”, BTW.

• Pssst Little Kitty

November 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I ♥ strippers and sexy dancing.that’s not what I meant by disgusting. I just thought rihanna looked stupid doing it cause she doesn’t know anything about pole dancing except for what ever she was doing on that chair and her nasty floor humping. Which frankly I’d rather see a sexy stripper do than rihannas ratchet a$$. She should take herself out of that video and just leave the pole dancers. Rihanna=Miley=Nasty. And eww to the denim thong.

• Pssst Little Kitty

November 5, 2013 at 10:00 pm

^^^ all my opinion tho.

• Black Orchid

November 5, 2013 at 11:48 pm

LOL! Tell us how you feel about RiRi. So I read an interview with Nicole where she said they had to reshoot some stuff because Rihanna was a bit wasted on the first day. I also read somewhere else that she did teach Rihanna some basic pole work and she picked it up. My guess is that a lot of that was left on the cutting room floor.

• Cherished

November 6, 2013 at 5:21 am

In the vid they did include a few beginner spins that Rihanna did. (I’m pretty certain the dancer with the baseball cap and long black hair is her) I saw her do a back hook spin and a knee spin. Being that it was her first pole lesson I think she did well. I couldn’t even get my legs off off the ground at all or do a fireman spin on my first lesson so I give her props.

• Cherished

November 6, 2013 at 5:40 am

Also another interesting thing I’ve noticed that ties in with the OPs question is the overall public reaction which is pretty negative towards the Pour it Up video vs the very positive reaction to The audition tape (almost at 4mill and still climbing!!) I hope the pole world especially those who try to bar strippers from competing and denounce the exotic aspect of pole because they don’t want to be stigmatized or feel it drags down pole in the eyes of the public see that people will ultimately appreciate the skill of the individual. The proof is finally right here.

• Pssst Little Kitty

November 6, 2013 at 5:41 am

I knew it!! I knew she was mollied out Miley style! Lol just hatin on Riri over here!

Page 4 of 5