StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Omggggg we’re on CBS Sunday Morning Show!!

• Omggggg we’re on CBS Sunday Morning Show!!

Posted by heathalynne on April 28, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Camera crew came into Jenyne’s workshop today. Took us ALL by surprise, even Jenyne! Weeeeeeeee! We’re gonna be on the CBS Morning Show! 9-10:30am, Sunday 5/1.

Camera was all up in our faces and goodies. Omg we were all so nervous and quiet. Lol! They taped the first hour of the workshop.

I overheard them saying they’re going to come tomorrow again and possibly Saturday. Maybe at USPDF for an interview or something.

But yeah, wear your best gear *just in case*!!

anngiern replied 13 years ago 8 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • heathalynne

April 28, 2011 at 6:55 pm

After they left, we all let loose and were so loud. Too funny!!!

• Riddleboxxy

April 28, 2011 at 7:10 pm

That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it 😀

• heathalynne

April 29, 2011 at 12:16 am

^ YES!!! I'm so excited!!!!! Found out there's an entire segment on POLE DANCING, the last 30 minutes on the CBS Morning Show. The last footage they did was Jenyne's pencil air walk with a mini routine…  then she accidently kicked they camera. LOLLLL!!!!!

I'm the filipino girl with hair up. Had a white tank and black shorts in the beginning, then the rest of the time a Lululemon unicorn tears sports bra. There were a couple veeners there and very seldom veeners.

• heathalynne

April 29, 2011 at 1:39 am

Update: all the big dogs came later tonight for more CBS coverage. Jenyne, Karol, Alethea, Natasha, Leigh Ann, Allison, etc. Need to watch this pole dancing segment now! Lol!

• LoneStarDiva

April 29, 2011 at 10:45 am

Set to record!! lol

• heathalynne

April 29, 2011 at 1:03 pm

DVR set too! Yeah our workshop will probably gonna be cut. lol! If anything probably 2 minutes out of the hour will be there. They also filmed Dia Zarif, Jennifer Kim, Mina Mortezaie, Amy Guion. This is gonna be one epic press for pole!!!!

I had a few close ups yesterday but lol who knows if it'll be on the show. Felt good to be filmed by CBS though!

• heathalynne

April 29, 2011 at 1:19 pm

CBS was also filming back stage at USPDF today!!! Does anyone see them filming the amateur comp right now?

• Adriibabii

May 1, 2011 at 9:36 am

Awww I just saw it today!!! I’m sooo happy cuz I was tryna convince my mom that pole dancing or pole fitness is becoming pretty popular and its not as vulgar as ppl tend to think, and her response was “well if its becoming so mainstream why don’t I see anything about it or the competitions in the news?” Hehehe this’ll show her lol nd whoop whoop big up to nypd!!! I was like omg ii know this place!!! Hahaha

• Buterflii

May 1, 2011 at 12:33 pm

my friend just texted me he saw it!!!!!  awesome!!!!

lis

• Gymmeke

May 1, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Any chance we can see this online?

• hookedonpole

May 1, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I was wondering the same thing, I've searched but couldn't find it yet.

• heathalynne

May 2, 2011 at 12:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAi5CApxiKQ
    CBS Sunday Morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3J5lgaGqVQ
    New York Post

I was so upset this morning when I watched CBS. Half of it was AMAZING though I wasn't too pleased with the editing or remarks. They cut out our entire workshop with REAL pole moves, USPDF backstage interviews, and Thursday night's competitors/performers footage. And replaced it with some derogatory stereotype beginners class and the pole cleaner interview.

They filmed so much USPDF behind the scenes and I really wanted to see it. Sucks! And then some unknown jersey studio gets the light instead of NYPD. Horrible.

Media always has some undisclosed agenda with pole press. Half was not even part of USPDF anything! Fluffy bunnies instead of TG lifts? I'll shove a dollar down their shirt… Ughhhh

On the bright side, I'm glad Jenyne got a good amount of gorgeous air time in and got to see part Natasha's "Black Swan" performance. I was in the background 3 times too. LOL.

• Adriibabii

May 2, 2011 at 6:06 am

yea it sucks that the media always edites out so much, i wouldve loved to see what other footage hey had, they literally shoved in the pole dancing at the last 15 minutes ….  however i don't think it was too bad…. i think they were able to show the different facets of pole dancing, a big thing with pole dancing is the stigma that ple dancing = stripping/ vulgarity, i liked that anna and wendy were able to clear up that it's not the same thing everyones clothes stays one and its not all about the strutting and shaking around the pole but rather the strength and technique it takes to actully perform on the pole ….I dont mind what they did show but wished they wouldve showed more and made the segment at least 30 minutes…

• anngiern

May 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm

i thought the piece was overall pretty good…i think they were just trying to show a "well rounded" view of pole dancing…so i think it was good to show the beginners b/c  isn't that how we all started? we dont start with tg lifts..LOL… so my take was they showed how beginners start and where they can end up…at USPDF. i constantly have to tell/educate people that when they see stuff like USPDF that these girls are at the top of the league..but there is plenty of stuff they can do that's not that advanced and can give them a good workout and is attainable.

showing everyday women helps to get average people into the studios to try it which keeps the industry thriving. plus many everyday women do not want to compete…they want to have a fun dance class.