StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Northern California Pole Presentational

• Northern California Pole Presentational

Posted by ottersocks on February 24, 2015 at 10:23 am

Hi Veeners!
    I wanted to let you all know about a great upcoming performance opportunity. I am one of the producers of the Northern California Pole Presentational (www.polenorcal.com), held this year on August 29th in San Jose, CA, at the Stage Company theater. NCPP was born out of a need to create performance and judged feedback opportunities for pole fitness enthusiasts in the Bay Area and the greater Northern California/Nevada region. This event is all-inclusive, meaning that anyone who is interested can sign up, with no submission videos required, and we accept dancers from all over. Participants choose the event division that they believe is most suited to their own level of expertise (Levels 1 – 3) on an honor system, and there are categories to allow for singles, doubles and group participation. Additionally, they can choose to simply showcase dance, or they can choose to receive feedback from a panel of judges.

Events are organized into showcase or feedback tracks, with three levels for each track. Feedback in the feedback tracks will be in the form of written comments from the judges about areas of strength and areas that need improvement in the performer’s dance. There will be no numeric scores issued, and there will be no “winners” or ranking. This is a terrific opportunity for those with competition experience to learn more about how they might improve their results in future competitions. For those who are considering entering a competition for the first time, this track is a great way to gain experience, learn about the process, and get ready for the competitive stage.

We have a professionally rigged stage with two 12 foot tall poles. And we have a panel of very well known and respected judges…..INCLUDING OUR OWN VEENA! (You’re the first to know this, we haven’t formally announced our judging lineup yet!) Take a look at our website at http://www.polenorcal.com Signups for dancers start on March 15, and we will sell out. We’d love to have you join us!

lolorashel replied 9 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 24, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I’m syper excited about this event! If you guys have ever wanted to visit CA, this is a great opportunity! I love the concept for this event! 💜💜💜👏

• Veena

Administrator
    February 24, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Super lol not syper

• tiggertail

February 24, 2015 at 5:40 pm

I want to visit California and my veener’s friend so bad, but it won’t ahhpen this year so hopefully there will be more event like that in the next years.

• hookedonpole

February 24, 2015 at 7:39 pm

YAY! This is the NCPP showcase I performed in last August. A few months back there was a post by the producers of this showcase asking who we would like to have as a judge. Of course, my response comment was “VEENA!” I’m not saying I had anything to do with her being a judge, but……lol

This is a great event for people like me who does not pole “dance” but wants to branch out, if even just a little bit. Thanks, ottersocks!!!!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 25, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Tigger when you do come to the states you better let me know!

Hooked, that’s great!!! Are you planning on participating or at least making a trick out this time! PLEASE xoxo

• tiggertail

February 25, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Of course you will know Veena, I plan to crash on your sofa 😛

• Club Dynasty

February 26, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Cool! I’m moving to South San Francisco for a new job in a few weeks and was wondering a) what kind of support there is for Pole Dance Fitness enthusiasts and b) if I would meet Veena since she lives in SF now. This is perfect, will definitely attend!

• lolorashel

February 27, 2015 at 11:54 pm

I am very excited for this year’s event and I am even more excited to hear Veena will be joining us as a judge!