StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions No Home For Pole

• No Home For Pole

Posted by cardboardboxesoflove on August 28, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I finally ordered my first pole and I can’t be more excited. Now I am running into the issue of not having a decent and private enough space to put it up and practice. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Em

cardboardboxesoflove replied 9 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rachel Osborne

August 28, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Well if you ordered the TG 45 m x pole you can take it up and down as you like. It is a bit of a hassle to get it straight though; a permanent mount might make it easier?

Do you live in a shared space? So you’re shy about practising where there’s others who might watch? Or do you have a space but not enough space to move around the pole? You need to be able to touch with your hand and walk round with other arm outstretched and not hit walls/furniture.

• cardboardboxesoflove

August 28, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I guess I have my spare bedroom…….will an xpole ruin textured ceilings?

• Rachel Osborne

August 28, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Permanent mount will make 4 x small screw holes which you can easily fill in with a dab of whatever…ceiling dome may leave a mark that looks like a shadow. There are threads on ceilings and x-poles here – worth searching? The main thing is to get it securely under a ceiling stud. If it’s not positioned right it not only runs the risk of damaging the ceiling but of injuring you, possibly badly.

• cardboardboxesoflove

August 28, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up and advice!