StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New tattoo and pole?

• New tattoo and pole?

Posted by Quirkygrl16 on February 24, 2016 at 3:01 am

Just got a new tattoo! I know I have to wait 2 weeks for it to heal, but how much longer after that do I have to wait until I can do classes again?!

Quirkygrl16 replied 8 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Runemist34

February 24, 2016 at 5:16 pm

I would suggest waiting until all the skin has stopped shedding, and also after it’s no longer sore. At that time, you would probably be safe to put something over it so the pole doesn’t rub or pull on it, and then after a while, you’ll feel comfortable with it again, and it’ll not be a problem.
    I have a tattoo in the same area, and will be getting my next one in a few weeks!

• Quirkygrl16

February 24, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Okay so basically the 2 weeks will be okay and then I can wear an arm band or something??

• Runemist34

February 24, 2016 at 6:25 pm

The 2 weeks you should likely not pole, because you are still healing. So, no rubbing, scrubbing, poking, touching, scratching, itching, or picking.
    Like, most people say you shouldn’t even rub it in the shower. If you do, you had best do it in the gentlest way that is humanly possible. I literally took a bunch of bubbles and just put them on my arm, without touching the actual skin. I then washed it off with the water that bounced off my body from the actual shower, because the shower water directly applied hurt like hell.
    And then, yes, once all the healing business is done and it’s not shedding anymore, you can put on an arm band to cover it 🙂

• dustbunny

February 25, 2016 at 3:17 am

It’s soooo cute! 😍 😍
    I got my first tattoo on my calf last year. It took approx 2 weeks to heal completely (no scabs and stops peeling). Then I was careful with it on the pole for another week or so, since then I havn’t worried about it. I have had no problems. ☺

• Andrea Pole

February 25, 2016 at 10:41 am

All my tattoos have healed very well. When I did the last one, also in my arm, I rock climbed and pole danced after…ehem, 3 days of getting tattooed. Always wearing a protective band. I didn’t sweat much and I always kept it clean, so I didn’t have a problem during the healing.

But obviously, I would recommend not doing the same, haha. I just wanted to let you know that with those two weeks the tattoo will be perfectly fine and you will be able to pole without any problems.

And I already want a new tattoo…sigh :p

• Lula Geddes

February 25, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I’ve got lots of tattoos and yes, 2 weeks is the standard time. After that, so long as it has shed all the scabs, you should not need to wear anything, in fact you should never cover a tattoo as it is healing except for the first few hours! How long it will take exactly depends on your skin, the size of the tattoo and how ‘heavy’ it is (just a line, shades or full blown color, etc). In any case, once the scabs are gone you’ll be fine, you might not want to rub it really hard against something and you might want to keep putting cream on regularly for a few days after that – as its on the inside of your forearm, I would say just be a bit careful if you do a lot of spins on static pole, but that’s all!

• Quirkygrl16

February 25, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Thank you all!

• Quirkygrl16

February 25, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I’m so antsy to get back at it