StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Video Platform Wishlist

• New Video Platform Wishlist

Posted by Mindy4pole on October 20, 2009 at 5:52 am

Hey guys — I thought I would create this topic so we can let our wondrous webmaster know what features we are using (or want). These are NOT complaints — just feedback/wishes. As a former software person myself, I know that there are always kinks to be worked out on any upgrade.

Here’s my list:

— Bring keywords back–> I used that feature a lot
    — Ability to show more videos at a time in the thumbnails
    — When you hit the back button, it goes to the beginning of the video thumbnails, and you have to scroll to get back to where you were. That’s a pain with my old, slow computer.
    — When I hit play a second time on a video, I just get the SV trailer. I have to reload the page to play one again.

I think that’s about it for me.

Thank you so much for all the work you’re doing that brings this amazing site to us!!

THREE CHEERS FOR WEBMASTER!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif
    Mindy

Veena replied 14 years, 9 months ago 10 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • JenGwen323

October 22, 2009 at 2:28 am

I’m missing lots of the old video features:

Time stamps – I can’t comment on a particular move without a time.
    Page links- If I want to go a few days back, I have to go through all the more recent videos using the arrow. Then, if I hit back I am all the way back at start and have to repeat the process again.
    Video not starting automatically – I’m spending too much time hitting pause so I don’t have to watch the latest video over and over.

I like the new Favorites setup.

• Castleoutsider

October 22, 2009 at 2:38 am

yea i dont know what happened but alot of vdos that im trying to watch have this "vdo being processed thing" but like.. this vdo is like how far back in the list so i thought it should of been done?

i miss the time stamp too i was like aw that was awesum i liked that move at… ah shit.. um/.. huk;;

the comment drop thing too tho kinda tweaks out my comp and sometimes the vdo gets froze inside the text area and i cant read descriptions and things.

• Angel1201

October 27, 2009 at 8:25 pm

What about deleting old vids? I’d like to remove a few of my old ones.

• Graciegrace

November 9, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I concur with all the above comments. Just being honest, I don’t like the new video format at all. Also I wish there would be a way to search for people. I have a few friends join the website and we could not find each other at all. Until we posted something.

• nikki_christie

November 14, 2009 at 12:02 am

My wish:

That you can write more than one comment at a time without having to reload the video, I like to be able to reply to all comments that people have left on my video at one time.

Thanks!!! And thanks for all the work you put into the website, it is much appreciated to have a place like this to share pole-love with other polers!!

• JenB

November 14, 2009 at 3:57 am

Just a few things that could be improved that were amicable before the change:

1. Timestamps in videos
    2. Show more thumbnails of videos in screen not scrolling below but easier for me to find one of interest m click on it. Also if I click on one and go back to find another it starts me all over from the first video selection… Gets to be tedious to find the next video of interest to play.
    3. Don’t have the video start until I click on a play button to start. I.e- whenever u go to videos page the very first video starts playing wether u want to see it or not.
    4. I thought videos would be able to play on phones too (mobile versions)? They don’t, at least not on my iPhone. If I click on a video it says something about it not being found.

And this is just an out of the box question… But why am I seeing other videos thy aren’t in the least bit pole related? Ice skating, and other family time videos???

• Hils

November 17, 2009 at 4:46 pm

since the new change, i cant watch videos in full screen. I was told the button was on the bottom right hand side of video but there’s nothing there but a volume button. I MISS FULL SCREEN!!! With the old one, it was there. Is it just my computer or is this with everyone?
    I like the new "add favorites" button https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif
    Also miss the time stamps!!
    How do you use thumbnails? I need to take a computer class. lol

• Hils

November 17, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I concur with all the above comments. Just being honest, I don’t like the new video format at all. Also I wish there would be a way to search for people. I have a few friends join the website and we could not find each other at all. Until we posted something.
    Have you tried to use the custom search? thats how i found some friends.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 17, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Thank-you for your comments. We are working on all kinds of things to improve all experiences on the site as an example we are adding two more servers to our array this week, which should help with the failed video encodings.

The video platform is high on our list of todos. This is step one in creating both a more mobile platform and a platform that can ultimately support the rapidly growing audience we have. We appreciate all your comments and will strongly consider them all as we move forward.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 17, 2009 at 5:38 pm

And this is just an out of the box question… But why am I seeing other videos thy aren’t in the least bit pole related? Ice skating, and other family time videos??? Most of us have other interests that play apart in our pole dancing, like hooping and ice skating, trapeze ect.. I love it when members share their videos with us. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif family pole time is great. This is how we get to know each other better and why we have such a strong and caring community!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif