StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Problem with X-pole

• New Problem with X-pole

Posted by StellarMotion on April 22, 2010 at 1:20 am

Hi Folks… I hear all the time about X-poles tubes being locked and all the precautions we can take to prevent that, but I’ve never heard of the base locking to the bering flange thingy (the static/spin adjuster that connects to the bottom tube). Have any of you had this problem before and did you remedy it? I cannot seem to find a solution. My pole is still fully usable on both static and spin modes, but just more difficult to transport now than it used to be.

All advice and related experience is appreciated.

Cynthia D replied 14 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Journey

April 22, 2010 at 1:35 am

I’ve heard using a rubber mallet to gently tap it off works, but I haven’t had that problem, myself.

If you can’t get it off, the way I’ve seen it packed in the case is to put it in the case with the poles. Put the base in before the poles, near the top, and place the tubes in around it so they overlap the base plate but are placed around the spin mechanism itself. Does that make sense? I can take a picture if you want…

• StellarMotion

April 22, 2010 at 1:38 am

Makes perfect sense, thanks a lot! And I’ll see if the rubber mallet trick works on another day when I’m not getting ready to take Francine in for a show….

• Cynthia D

April 22, 2010 at 5:36 pm