StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Pole lessons (especially advanced)?

• New Pole lessons (especially advanced)?

Posted by Shellectra on January 22, 2012 at 5:17 am

I was wondering if there are going to be anymore pole lessons put up ever?

I've learnt all I can (started in Beginners in nov 2010 then went through the whole Intermediate section and now the advanced!) (except I can't split so cant do the pole split lessons lol) so learnt all I can from your videos.  Will you be putting up more tricks and lessons?

I have had to learn all the rest that I know just off pictures and youtube, but I loved learning off you cos you explained every single step and so I knew I was learning safely, now I just learn by visuals and my own common sense, which isn't always great! lol.  So just wondering if new tricks will be put up sometime, especially in the advanced section.

Some I learnt on my own that would be good lessons for other people who ask me for help are Star Gazer, Genie, Table Top, Rubber Twisted Grip, Brass Monkey Bridge, Marley, Superman with an elbow grip or straight arm (shoulder type) grip, Flag (bracket?) Invert, Yogini, Figurehead, Cupid no hands, Cup Grip Handspring and Cartwheel (All stuff I learnt on my own but are fun!)

Stuff I want to learn: Phoenix, Aerial Shoulder Mount, Twisted Grip Lift, Iron X, Death lay 

Cheers!

Scarlett Honey aka Lola Grace replied 12 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Scarlett Honey aka Lola Grace

January 22, 2012 at 7:19 am

Could I add to Shelectra's wish list of pole moves? Just to share ideas Veena, I understand if you select only some or take a while to get through them all. 

I'd like to learn:

– Drops

– One-handed flying spin (not sure what its called sorry) Oona Kivela does it so well.

– The handstand V into right-leg spin that Alethea does at 1:45 here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9cQZvpkvY

– Elbow-grip Aysha backbend

there are heaps more but i cant think of them right now. Great topic though! 🙂

• FuzzyNavel

January 22, 2012 at 11:48 pm

@scarlethoney—Veena's Scorpio Handstand lesson is that move you referenced with Alethea's video I think? She shows how to spin out of the handstand. 🙂

I have quite a few to master yet, so I'm good for now! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• luvlee

January 23, 2012 at 12:46 am

I would like to see the superman drop.

• shebangs

January 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

YES! A whole bunch of advanced POLE lessons would be fantastic.

• Shellectra

January 24, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I'd love love a holly drop and a flag mount (is that what its called) tutorial where your in a bracket hold and kick up and catch your leg and your in brass monkey, ive done it once but can't do it again!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I will not be posting anything with twisted grip lifts or handspings. As I said before, I always post when and what new lessons are coming up. Watch the SV daily update, and my studioveena.com FB page for all updates.

http://www.facebook.com/studioveenacom

• Anonyma

January 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

it would be cool to all help each other on this! 

maybe by making our own videos and share them on youtube! 

• Scarlett Honey aka Lola Grace

January 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm

@FuzzyNavel thanks for the tip – I must have missed that lesson. On it. 🙂 Not a bad idea to make some videos on advanced tricks for eahcother… but Veena has covered a lot of them already… the only thing I could probably help with is flexy back stuff, like handstand bacnbends or upside-down, twisty backbvend things (sorry not sure what to call them)…. im sure others have more to offer though. 🙂 xo