StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Age Tan…..the new sunless tan

• ShonaLancs

June 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, hot flushes and sexual arousal. In men it may cause spontaneous erections. It has been linked to mole changes, so if users notice any change in moles they should consult their GP.

http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-questions/afamelanotide-skin-pellets-and-sun-protection

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/SearchHelp/GoogleSearch/index.htm?q=melanotan

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/01January/Pages/TanningjabQA.aspx

• Brandi RocknBody

June 15, 2012 at 9:24 am

@SpiralOut – ok, first and foremost: is your user name a reference to Tool? If so, I love you already, lol!

I own a company called House of Cherry and I am a licensed aesthetician and specialize in airbrush tanning.  I've been doing airbrush tans myself for about four years and I love it.  You might want to look into someone in your area that can do it – but I would strongly suggest finding an actual technician that will airbrush you instead of going to a MysticTan booth where many times the color comes out blotchy and the hands and feet look weird. 

To the commenters telling you to "be happy the way you are" – I agree, but it is also very fun to play around with the way we look, no? For me, I like the way I look when I am fair, but it's also very fun to have my airbrush tan because I can wear different colors that look good with a tan, etc. I say if you wanna be tan, go the airbrush route. 

• JeHanne

June 15, 2012 at 10:22 am

@Brandi. You make a great point, it is fun to play with our appearances. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Airbrush sounds like a great option for those seeking tans without the injecting/injesting/UV route.

• aztecamujer25

July 20, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I tried 1 vial from new age tan with 2 sunbed exposures of 8 minutes and achieve a nice bronze complexion, everyone was like wow your so dark I have type 2 skin naturally.I recommend it.

• SpiralOut

July 20, 2012 at 5:46 pm

@Brandi yes my name is a reference to Tool and I absolutely love them. Ok this is an update i did order this new age tan and I was super excited followed the injections like the directions stated did the tanning both in a bed and outdoors along with the injections. My results we're absolutely nothing :(. Just a big waste of money for me. The only thing that happened were the current freckles I have got darker and I got some new ones. My dermatologist noticed a spot on my arm that was really dark and concerned by it so they actually had to do a biopsy on it. Luckily it came back as normal. After that scare though I am done with new age tan. I have switched to Fake Bake which smells soo yummy and lasts 3-4 days no more chemicals for me. 🙂

• aztecamujer25

August 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I haven't had a scare with it and I am still brown from the first 10mg vial, I diluted it with 2 syringes of bacteriostatic water and would dose at the 20 line on the syringe they gave me with the order my beauty marks did get darker but my skin got really nice and brown too. Sucks yours didn't work for you. I looked likeI took a vacation in cancun and layed out all week lol 🙂 Im gonna try a different website for the next vial though because every time I go to the site they say they are down for maintenance. Good luck with your fake and bake I hate the smell of that shit and it never seems even.

• ShonaLancs

September 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
  • sheffnjay

September 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I’m a huge fan of the mystic spray tan. After a bout skin cancer myself (on my face no less, however my scar is less noticeable everyday, whoo hoo) I’m all about sun block and spray tans lol. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. The tan lasts about 7 days before its time to exfoliate and back to the booth. The only downside, I can’t pole the same day I get my tan. I have actually had my tan rub off on my grippy places lmao!! 😉

• luvlee

September 12, 2012 at 7:34 pm

WHat is a good self tanned to use at home. I do not care about price. I want a good one. I just found out I too have skin cancer.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rambo.gif I will be needing something to make me glow a little but not orange! I looked on Sephora's websight but do not know anything about any of them.

• Brandi RocknBody

September 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Luvlee – St. Tropez is a good one.

Page 2 of 2