StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Negative youtube comments

• Negative youtube comments

Posted by azzwoo on February 27, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Does anyone else get these? I just had my first one ever and it kinda stung! Some random girl just said I have no grace, only floss (what is floss??) on a video where I was learning some moves for the first time…. of course i’m not going to be graceful!! Why do people find it necessary to criticise? Not constructive criticsim either, just pointless!!

Dancing Paws replied 12 years, 7 months ago 17 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • workingfire

February 27, 2010 at 10:46 pm

That sucks. People tend to be much meaner online. Probably because they feel safe sitting in their own home and seem to think that makes it acceptable to say whatever they would like. If it’s any consolation, I’m sure this girl would be too timid to say a thing to your face. If anything, she’s just being negative due to her own insecurities.

Oh, and I looked up ‘floss’ out of curiosity. Apparently it means ‘to show off’. Who wouldn’t want to show off newly learned knee hold!? Come on!

• azzwoo

February 27, 2010 at 11:12 pm

I wrote her a reply that was perhaps a bit blunt because i’m working 13 days solid and really tired and a bit grumpy, and she apologised! woo hoo!
    The thing that annoys me is that people think its ok to say that just because they don’t know the person. I’m usually quite thick skinned (apart from when i’m tired lol), and so I can take it, but a silly comment like that might really upset somebody, especially while they are learning, and for what? Who gains any benefit from it? I’ve seen so many negative comments on peoples videos and its just childish. I love this community here because there is none of that, people are always so encouraging and supportive, the way it should be! Anyway, rant over!

• Runemist34

February 28, 2010 at 3:43 am

My thing is…I tend to point out the inconsistencies. Such as, what you said "Of course I’m not going to be graceful, I’m just learning!"
    Other than that…isn’t dancing all about showing off? I mean, seriously! If you’re just dancing for yourself, then why would you show someone else, unless you wanted to share and show off your moves? Isn’t that the point?
    For people like that, who can’t give constructive criticism…just ignore them. They aren’t intelligent enough to give you a proper opinion and why, then they aren’t intelligent enough to listen to. If they’re going to criticize something they don’t know much about, then I don’t think their opinion matters.

• SissyBuns

February 28, 2010 at 3:58 am

People say things like that because they can hide behind their computer screen and not have to confront any face to face. Notice you’ll never see those types of commebnts from a fellow poler. It’s always some random person who knows nothing about what they’re watching.

I haven’t gotten a mean one yet but once I do I’ll delete it. And move on. Especially if it doesn’t make sense. Don’t let those haters get to you girl! I fuggin hate youtube sometimes. Ugh!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 28, 2010 at 4:13 am

A few hrs ago I had someone write a comment on a video of mine saying…."I can see all of the abortions she has had from the blubber on her stomach" This was on one of the after baby vidoes… To that I say "block" and "delete". I use to respond back but I just delete and block them and moooove on, those types of people are NOT worth my time. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

• SissyBuns

February 28, 2010 at 4:16 am

A few hrs ago I had someone write a comment on a video of mine saying…."I can see all of the abortions she has had from the blubber on her stomach" This was on one of the after baby vidoes… To that I say "block" and "delete". I use to respond back but I just delete and block them and moooove on, those types of people are NOT worth my time. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Are you serious???? That is one of the most ignorant comments I’ve ever heard of. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_evil.gif

• PoleDanceABCs

February 28, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I’m sorry to say it but for the MOST part YouTubers are just rotten. It’s like people got this identity-free card and they abuse it by being rude. That is why I totally stopped uploading my vids there, took down all my old ones, and only post here. Life is too short to deal with __________ (I’ll spare you my sailor’s mouth).

• minicoopergrl

February 28, 2010 at 8:39 pm

ive experienced LOTS of nasty comments on YT. Honestly, I delete them. I dont waste my time focusing on the negativity folks can give online. I have mine set up for pending approval so I only approve the ones I ok. Ive had nasty ones – being compared to a blubber whale, talking about my fat, how I cant do tricks. I tell them a WTF ever and move on! But for every positive comment, it totally outweighs the nasty ones.

• luvlee

February 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Can someone please give me a step by step on how to set my you tube to have to approve comments first??? I can not figure it out for the life of me. I feel like I have checked everything and it is not an option, but I know it is as people on here are setting theirs that way. Help!

• PoleDanceABCs

February 28, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Can someone please give me a step by step on how to set my you tube to have to approve comments first??? I can not figure it out for the life of me. I feel like I have checked everything and it is not an option, but I know it is as people on here are setting theirs that way. Help!When you log on move your mouse/cursor over your screenname near the top right corner. Click on the first link "Account". It will take you to your Account Settings page. Click on "Uploaded Videos" which will take you the the video editing page. Then hit edit for one of your videos. This will take you the that video’s edit page and if you scroll down you and see on the left-hand side "Broadcasting and Sharing Options" then click on the settings you want for comments, video responses, and other stuff. I don’t think there is a way to change those settings for all your videos because everytime I uploaded there I had to do each video settings seperately.

It is a good idea to do set your settings when you first upload a video. When you are at the upload page choose your settings FIRST and then choose a file and hit upload. It is easier than going through all these steps later.

• luvlee

February 28, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Oh! Thankyou soooo much! I am usually pretty savy but they made me work for that one!!!! Thanks again!!!!

• Sapphirecatzeye

March 1, 2010 at 2:55 am

Ignore ALL nasty youtube comments. My page is really old, and I’ve always gotten positive comments, but as your page gets more popular and you get more subscribers you’ll get people who will just write anything weird and disturbing.
    I’ll get the occasional guy who will post a comment like ‘fat’ or ‘thats easy’ on a contortion video lol. or the shoe company that leaves spam saying ‘you would look better in 8in heels’
    they even leave dumb comments on felix’s youtube videos, there are some stupid people online looking just to bring you down because they cant face anyone in real life. ignore them https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Tantric Limpet

March 1, 2010 at 9:21 am

I have yet to post a vid anywhere (or even actually have the guts to make one, even for myself)… but I think there is a real blessing in being able to post in them here on SV where you will have kind, constructive and encouraging comments from peeps who understand the work, effort and skill that goes into every kind of pole move and the courage it takes to record and post a vid https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Danielle Tillie

March 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I’ve had a lot of problems with people on the internet… I am now very careful about my contact information, for instance. I use youtube for the purpose of allowing friends to see what I’m up to, and by request even! I haven’t had too many negative comments… one said "I bet dad is proud", to which I replied, "Actually, he’s very proud of the strength I’ve acquired through this? physical fitness and dance form, thank you kindly". Another funny one was a girl claiming she could pole dance better than me because she had been pulled up on stage so many times at a club. That one made me laugh pretty hard… honestly, how many tricks can you learn being pulled up on stage while you’re drunk? lol. I’ve gotten nastier comments on my horn playing videos, which I deleted. It’s not worth my time to worry about what those people think.

• MrsNaughtywed

December 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

OMG! Has everyone turned into complete pricks? I donno if it's just because my youtube channel has gained a lil more traffic lately but the negative comments are CONSTANT!!! For the last month I think I've been deleting 10 negative comments a day. Like I don't care if someone criticises on my pole dancing but saything things like I'm a stripper/slut/whore when I'm not is pretty rude. My website and channel clearly shows that I promote pole as fitness seperate from stripping. I don't dance sexy in any of my videos. I'm all about tricks and grace. I've been politely responding to some but that just seems to fuel people's asshole-ness and the return comments are even rudder. lol. Le sigh. My ignore list is getting pretty big. I hope there's no limit in who I can block. /end vent 

Page 1 of 2