StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Need my groove back…

• Need my groove back…

Posted by Amani on August 13, 2015 at 8:39 pm

I have been poling on and off for a while. I finally got into great shape and worked my way up to the most advanced class that my studio offers. Life happened. I gained a bunch of weight back. I’m not sure if I also lost strength or if my body is just too heavy. Anyway, I just can’t do the things I could before. I have started losing the weight after hitting rock bottom. I was in class and having a terrible day because I couldn’t do anything right. I swear I saw disgust in my instructors eyes but that could be my imagination. Then I looked at myself in the mirror and felt horrible when I realized how big I actually was. I left in the middle of class and have never been back. I feel so much pressure because I used to be one of the girls that others looked up to, the girl that others wanted to be like. Now I feel like a sack of crap. Have you ladies been here? How do I get my groove back? Should I start my lessons at day one? I know I’m not supposed to judge myself and all of that but I’m in this place right now and I feel stuck. What do you guys think?

Amani replied 8 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Storypole17

August 13, 2015 at 9:04 pm

I’m sorry you are having a bad time these days! I poled for years and then took off a year. I would recommend the 30 day program. I am almost done with it and I have already made strides in my strength and flexiness and my own body image issues! I feel so much better already – even though I know it will take a long time to get back where I left off. Take it day by day!

• Girl On A Pole

August 14, 2015 at 10:58 am

Some days I feel like you. Hard to not compare yourself to athletes or even the girls in your class. I’m poling a year exactly and some days I feel shit too. What works for me is moving forward and not giving up. Keep going to training. I also look over all the moves I can do, not the ones I can’t. I know that with time and hard work they’ll come. Pole is a journey, try to relax and enjoy the ride.

• Amani

August 15, 2015 at 7:47 am

Thanks guys so much for your encouragement. I’m going to keep moving forward. Slow and steady😊😊😊😊