StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions My new pole studio!

• My new pole studio!

Posted by yogabeachbabe on January 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone. Some of you ladies might know me but a lot of you probably don't. I've been on SV since practically the beginning, but have been missing in action for 16 months more or less. My husband got laid off and then we ended up traveling across the country. We finally settled down in Lafayette, CO (8 miles outside Boulder) after a 6 month stint in Santa Fe, NM. We LOVE it here! It's gorgeous and our son is thriving. While my husband is still looking for work (it's not that easy getting a job in his field), I decided to pursue my dream now that we're somewhat more stable (emotionally, at least!). Well, my business partner and I have just signed a lease on a space in Boulder to open up our studio–DollHouse Pole Studio, LLC. They haven't even started doing the demolition yet, so there's that and then the construction so I figure we won't be open until maybe March 1. I just wanted to thank all you ladies at SV (and in particular, Veena herself), for keeping me inspired even when things looked pretty bleak, when there was no place to put up my pole, when I got slightly singed during the start of a tentative pole event in Santa Fe, when I lost all strength and desire in my muscles, when I started relearning stuff and was stuck at a long plateau, and most important: when I felt really isolated, alone and without a friend. Even if you have no clue as to who I am, I am deeply grateful for your presence here at SV and keeping the love of pole alive in the universe. I'll keep you all updated on the studio's progress. I love you all!

Angel1201 replied 13 years, 4 months ago 13 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • amy

January 22, 2011 at 8:28 pm

congrats and how exciting for you yogabeachbabe! absolutely keep us posted, would love to hear how it ends up going! =) best of luck.

• TrixieLovett

January 22, 2011 at 8:59 pm

AHHHH! I had to read this on SV! (No offense Veeners, but YBB is my girl!)  I AM SOOOO EXCITED this is finally coming to fruition! You deserve every happiness that comes from being a studio owner and instructor.  Your knowledge will be such an asset to both your students and business partner.  Although I miss you more than I can even express, I know it's best for you to be where you are.  You have been such an integral part of not just my professional life, but my personal life as well and I'm honored to call you my friend.  I can't wait to see the studio.  You know this means a road trip, right?!?  ðŸ˜‰  I love you!!

• PoleFitMom

January 22, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Sasha, I know I said it on FB already, but I am so excited for you! This will be a wonderful blessing for you and your family. I can't wait to make it back to Colorado – Because you better believe I will have my mom watch the kids to come pole at your NEW STUDIO!!!!! Congrats again! Can't wait to hear about the entire process of signing the lease to seeing the photos of your Grand Opening.

Love,

Lyndi

PoleFitMom

• yogabeachbabe

January 23, 2011 at 9:34 am

@Amy: you don't know this at all, but YOU have been a real inspiration to me. From your early days on youtube, I have been in awe of your sensuality and ability to embody all that I think makes pole dancing special. And to recently follow your move into full time teaching and seeing your growth in this art form has really pushed me forward into pursuing my dreams.

@Trixie: Hell, Lovett, don't even know what to say but that I love you with ALL my heart. I've learned not only pole from you, but also what it means to be a woman. Yes, you are my dear, dear friend and Teacher (you don't know how often I used the terms "plant" and "gas pedal"!!!), but you also bring pole to a whole new level and are my "true north" of dance. Yeah, hello..road trip for sure! But always remember–I'll never be a Broncos fan…

@Lyndi: Girl, it was such a joy to meet you. I was so amazed by your talent and power. I hope you will consider coming to Boulder and being a Special Guest Artist at DollHouse! I think you've got so much to offer and are such a role model to women everywhere. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. Means so much to me!

• BailaHoops

January 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

I wish I still lived in Longmont! I would SOOOOO BE THERE! Congrats!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 25, 2011 at 8:27 am

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! BIG HUGS! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• litlbit

January 25, 2011 at 9:36 am

CONGRATS HUN!!!!  I'm soooo EXCITED for you!!  You will do AWESOME with your new venture…and I agree with you about Veena and SV!!!  Sending *HUGE HUGZ*

Pamela

• Pavi

January 25, 2011 at 10:15 am

Yay!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gifThat's great news! I'm very happy for you, it' so awesome to see people following their dreams! I wish you good luck with everything!!!

• yogabeachbabe

January 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

♥♥♥♥♥Sniff, sniff–you guys are going to make me cry! ♥♥♥♥♥

• Sair

January 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm

What an adventure 🙂 That's SO exciting! sending tons of good vibes you way!!!

• verucablue

January 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Very exciting!!!! Congrats to you!

• k2weller

January 26, 2011 at 12:18 am

Yay!  This is so exciting!  I am going to look you up the next time I come down to Boulder!  I'm only 4ish hours away, so that could be soon….https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

-Kristina

• yogabeachbabe

January 26, 2011 at 9:48 am

@Kristina: if you drive 4+ hours to Boulder, dinner and drinks are on me! Actually, I'll treat you to one of my famous mojitos! Seriously, that would be so awesome. I'll keep you posted on dates.

• glitterhips

January 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I am soooo excited for you!!!! And proud of you!!!! You really deserve this after everything you've been through with all the relocations/stress……let me know when it's up and running so I can teach my signature workshop: "How to eat cupcakes, pole dance, and ride a unicorn all at once"

• Angel1201

January 27, 2011 at 8:27 am

Congrats girl!  I love the vibe out West.  I could see how living out there and having a studio could make a woman feel complete!