StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions My husband just doesn’t GET it…

• Lee lee

August 12, 2013 at 1:43 pm

@Lina Spiralyne – I actually thought 5:35 was pretty funny!

• celeste21

August 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm

When. First wanted one four years ago. No one understood. I got it while in collegr and my sister threw away my carmen elektra pink pole. It was abt 120.. few years later i got excite abt doing it again and this yr for my birthday my husband got me a 150 dollar one from spencers. Ive read reviews that this isnt the best pole, but i can do tricks easily without feeling like i might hurt myself. Had a handyman locate our joist then my hubby screwd it into ceiling and voila. I dnt have the funds to afford a 300 dollar pole or classes, but im learning well on my own. I uploaded one pic.

• betsyevil

August 12, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Funny I have the opposite problem lol I have a pole but he sees no reason for me to take classes. He seems to think im going through a health kick phase.

• Lina Spiralyne

August 13, 2013 at 3:01 am

@Verticali: Yes pretty funny, but I'm not sure what it's doing in a pole-fail compilation since there's no pole. As a matter of fact I happened to watch that scene when it was uploaded in youtube, with the original audio (It was titled as pole dancing also then). Just seeing it in the fail montage one could almost have believed it was arranged, but hearing her scream in the original version when she discovered the guys took out any doubt haha :).

• Quirkygrl16

August 13, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I'd never show him that video!! That's already a fear of his!! (That i'll die and the pole will come crashing down XD)

• Lina Spiralyne

August 14, 2013 at 2:50 am

Quirkygrl16: Haha I understand 🙂 He'll definitely throw it out the day you and the pole come rushing in deadly speed towards his collection of Chinese Ming porcelain ;). So yes, keep the video a secret!

• Phoenix Hunter

August 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I quit poling years ago because I was worried about what my (at the time, new) live in boyfriend would think. 5 years I gave up something I loved because of a fear I had in my mind only. Yes, he probably thinks poling is kinda silly- but for 5 years he did everything in life he wanted to. Last year I had debilitating spinal surgery. I was unable to even lift a coffee mug. I walked with a cane, I was disabled, I couldnt even take care of myself. As I was laying flat on my back in pain with a damaged spinal cord I thought to myself: If I ever recover from this I will never let anyone, anything stop me from physically doing the things I wanna do. this includes the very movement of my body that makes me feel good. Poling. I was disabled for over a year. I thought I would be disabled forever.  I recently bought a pole and went through the same dilemma you are facing. I was gonna wait till christmas to get one. The real issue is what is inside you. Your husband probably doesnt think about this as much as you do.You are probably more concerned about what he thinks than what he actually thinks. Also, I was waiting for me to feel like I "deserved" to get one. what ever deserve means to me: working overtime for the money, losing weight, doing better in classs, etc. For me I decided I deserve it now and I will make myself worthy of it once I get my pole. For me, the pole was about physically and spiritually overcoming obstacles. it was a lot of money but it was worth it. I will just work and earn more. but the pole will pay for itself in improving my health. In short: live life now!  dont wait for others or even yourself to tell you that you are worthy of something. Claim your worthiness now and rise to the occasion. You will find a way to do what's right for you. You judge yourself more than others judge you.

• michaelaarghh

August 21, 2013 at 5:13 am

robinp, that is seriously such an inspiring post !

i was the same, in that i wanted to try pole for YEARS but kept putting it off until I "earned" it (…no idea what that meant either!?) one day i was at a friend's wedding, and i just mentioned to my partner "i really always wanted to do pole", and I'm so lucky because his response was "well, why don't you?" so i signed up the very next day. almost 3 years later, and i cannot believe i didn't do it earlier. 

I think as women we're always putting other people first, and always doing things to please others but you know what? you only get one life, and people come and go. you have to live with you for the rest of your life. there is no point living with regrets. if you want to do something, do it. if it works for you FANTASTIC! If not, then…you have a funny story to tell 😉 

and even if it is just a "fad", who cares? you can always re sell a pole! i think it's important in relationships to each have your own hobby / interests. it's fantastic if some of them overlap, but if poling is your hobby he should respect that and support you in it. my boy is really into fish. I don't completely "get" it, but i fully support him in his fish-keeping endeavours and get excited for him when he buys a new one (just like when he gets excited when i get a new move down!) haha… okay sorry this turned into such an essay! 

Page 4 of 4