StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Most realistic wig for hair flippin’ :D

• Most realistic wig for hair flippin’ :D

Posted by polergirl on April 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hey Veeners–I have a few synthetic wigs but I feel like I want to graduate to something that moves more like human hair. There are some half synthetic/half human hair wigs out there… are they going to do the trick or do I need to make a big sad face on my wallet and spring for human hair?  

Either way, I'd also love some input on where I can find good deals. I have gotten most of my wigs from wigs.com in the past and have liked their prices and service. That said, I'm always open to suggestions!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

polergirl replied 12 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lyme Lyte

April 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Can't help you with your question polergirl, but maybe you ccan help me.  I bought a few wigs, long hair, and everytime I invert it falls off!  Is there a trick to keeping wigs on?

• Elektra Vallens

April 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm

@Lyme lyte: I usually use snap barettes to keep my wig on. (All the pictures/video of me with black hair is a wig)  If that doesn't do it for you, you can buy weave clips and sew them to the wig. However, I do find that long wigs don't look very good upside down, when the scalp of the wig is exposed.  Shorter wigs tend to stay in place better, and won't expose their wig-ness when upside down. (Someone even left me a comment on one of my wig-wearing videos saying my hair was nice! Ha.) 

• Lyme Lyte

April 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thanks, i have snapp barretss, i will give that a try!

• polergirl

April 13, 2012 at 8:45 am

LL – I have never had a wig come off. If I'm going to be upside down a lot I'll use wig tape but even without it they stay pretty secure. 

EV – My synthetics don't show too badly when I'm inverted, was hoping something more "hairlike" would be even better….

Anyone have suggestions for retailers and/or hair type?  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif