StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Mirror size?

• Mirror size?

Posted by heathalynne on April 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm

For those who have mirrors at home, what size is it? Do you like it or prefer bigger?

I’m looking through Craigslist and see most wall mirrors are 3′-4′ x 4′-8′. Is that too small?

heathalynne replied 13 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • reenie aka Mysfit

April 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I love my large mirror…it is  a really big old sliding closet door mirror that my hubby screwed right to the wall…I am constantly on the hun for more—it was a freebie

Measurements—–must be 4×8

Gives me a good look at myself everywhere—-on pole, on floor, and in dance….

• reenie aka Mysfit

April 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm

damn it…that should read "HUNT for more…..

• Samantha B

April 14, 2011 at 9:11 am

I also have a pair of freebie sliding mirror closet doors. 4 by 7.5 they are almost floor to ceiling for me.  Hubby got them from a firm that was doing a reno project for free. Mine are hanging on tracks and when I slide them they line up with my pole and block off the hallway. They distort a bit though one makes me look chubby one makes me look skinny. Good luck

• heathalynne

April 14, 2011 at 10:10 am

The closest I could find to those sizes are 3'6" x 4'10" and 3' x 8'. Which should I go for? Or keep looking?

@Acasia – Mirrors on tracks sound nice! I want! 🙂

• Samantha B

April 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

I prefer a few tall narrow mirrors arround my pole so I can see my legs and my body all at once. 

Before I had my sliding doors I had a 3 by 5 that I propped up against the wall on an angle so I could see everything. It did the trick but cut off my head. Any of them I'm sure will be great if you can put them up in a way so you can see a good ammount of your body all at once.

Measure how far your pole is from the wall and stand that far away from a mirror somewhere. See what it looks like. That should give you a good idea of how big you will need.

• LoneStarDiva

April 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

My current mirror is about 3 x 5 and is about 6-7 ft. away from the pole.  Nah.  Not workin' for me. I have been toying with moving to another room.  The further away the mirror IS, of course; the more you can see. 🙂

• heathalynne

April 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thanks ladies! Ended up getting a nice high quality 5′ x 3.5′. It’s at a slight angle ATM but I’m looking for a similar size so I can stack and mount them to the wall. Aiming for 7′ x 5′.

Sooooo much better than my standard full length! Lol!