StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Mighty Grip Powder and Airport Security

• Mighty Grip Powder and Airport Security

Posted by Bendie on August 18, 2011 at 11:17 am

Has anyone traveled with Mighty Grip Powder in their carry-on luggage?  I'm wondering if it would be a problem getting through airport security if the product is clearly labeled.  I'm not planning to check in any luggage.

Thanks in advance:)

Bendie replied 12 years, 9 months ago 10 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

August 18, 2011 at 11:21 am

It is not a liquid so it will not be an issue.

• MrsNaughtywed

August 18, 2011 at 12:21 pm

This summer, I forgot I had Dryhands and Mightygrip in my purse when I went through security. And I was let through without being searched, no questions asked. So I donno.. I guess it depends who you get that day. One time I had a cream lip chap and I had that taken away. That security officer was obviously in a bad mood that day. 

• Anonyma

August 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm

wow i am surprised they didnt ask about it … they searched my hair at the airport… lol

• TrixieLovett

August 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm

As long as they are under 3oz it’s okay to bring through on your carry-on. Including liquids.

• Might Grip

August 18, 2011 at 11:05 pm

LOL. This is great. Needless to say we travel all over the world with the product. As long as it is in the original containers it should not be a problem. Occassionally they will bring a dog over to sniff or a chemical testing wand. 

However if you are traveling with the little sample packettes be prepared to be questioned. I travel sometimes with my partner who happens to have to replacement hips so of course he sets off all the bells and whistles. Combine that with the sample packs and it always makes for some interesting conversations with Home Land Security.

We laugh and smile so that helps a great deal. Oh, by the way, be prepared to be stopped if you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with you. Seems peanut butter will bring the dogs. 

• Charley

August 19, 2011 at 8:47 am

Last year at the Midwest Pole Jam they gave away MG samples and I had to double take…I was like wow this party just keeps getting better!  Then I figured it was MG.  lol!  I wouldn't want to get caught by security or the police with those little samples hahaha!  I am not sure anyone would believe me!

• chemgoddess1

August 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

I remember the studio I went to had gotten some samples and I rememebr thinking they looked awful suspicious.

If you have never seen these, they are little ziploc baggies about 1.5" x 1.5" with white powder inside.

• Might Grip

August 19, 2011 at 9:32 am

LOL..Don't get me into trouble.  

We did try to add a coloring agent but it would not take the color. Also tried to add a fragrance but with out success. So, we just have to go along for the ride. 

JB

• lilblondie

August 19, 2011 at 10:16 am

^ that is so funny about the samples.  LOL.  You should really consider getting some made like shampoo samples in those foil laminated packets with an official logo, etc!

On a related note (apologies for mentioning a competitor) I travel all the time with iTac and have never had a problem. I just put it in the quart ziplock bag with my toothpaste, lip gloss, etc. 

• Might Grip

August 19, 2011 at 10:25 am

There really is no problem with traveling with the full size containers. We only run into a problem with the sample packettes. We did try to have smaples filled in little packets along the lines of sugar packette but the product does not flow like sugar so we could not find anyone willing to do the filling on a machine. All samples are hand packaged. Ugh, but you do what you have to do.

JB

• chemgoddess1

August 19, 2011 at 11:16 am

Not to get too far off subject but I can imagine static being a huge issue with even filling the full size containers.  Oh Yuck!

• Might Grip

August 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

You hit the nail on the head. We use shaker tables to fill the full size containers. The filling by hand of the packettes does have its up side rewards. The product will soften the hands and make the hands feel better because when washing with soap and warm water to remove the product it also removes dead skin making the hands softer. 

We cannot make these claims on the package because we would then be considered a cosmetic and to submit an application to FDA which would cost between 100 and 200 thousand dollars. At the moment I do not have any loose change available. LOL

JB

• Mary Ellyn

August 19, 2011 at 3:24 pm

DON'T try to carry Grrrip with you when you travel! The spray is labeled flammable and they won't let it through.

They found  few bottles in my checked luggage once and called me up to the desk at the gate and the girl was really rude about me trying to take "hazardous" substances through! And that was my CHECKED luggage!!

• Might Grip

August 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Yes, any aerosol product will be a problem. A pump spray will have a better chance of getting through but it had better be less than a 3 oz container.

JB

• Mary Ellyn

August 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm

well they are two ounces and pump spray and they still weren't happy about it!

Page 1 of 2